Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EP45-UD3P cold boot issue

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EP45-UD3P cold boot issue

Since you say memtest shows different timings, what does CPU-z and or MemSet show for your main timings?

I do know 2.10 memtest has timing bugs Those are fixed in 2.11 beta6, but final is not released yet. So just wanted to check with the above apps to be sure your timings are being set

Try Zero MCH Skew, and CPU ref Auto

And please do test MCH Voltage stock and less then stock, seems some BIOS's/boards are overvolting this by default

Lsdme,

good catch on CPU-Z idea. It also shows 5-7-7-24.

Also, went back and changed FSB and multplier to 402 and 2.66D. CPU-Z and POST screen show FSB still at 333....

Also, CPU-Z shows memory as Corsair 8500, but shows max bandwidth as PC6400... Interesting?

Thanks. sskings.

Is that the newest CPU-z? If not please grab it >>>
    CPUID

If it is, then it sounds like your settings are not being applied, are you seeing a red warning box when you go into MIT section of the BIOS?

All 1066 ram is really 6400, just tested to perform at 1066 and must be set that way by the user

Lsdmeasap, Been away for a few days for the holiday. Yes, I see the red warning. Does that mean none of the BIOS settings are being applied? Memtest is 2.10. CPU-Z was just downloaded last week. Sskings

Yes, a red warning box means none of those settings you see are being used, and the defaults are being loaded in the background because the settings you have are not bootable.

Post what you have that is failing and I will see if I can tell you why

I likely wont be back tonight, it has been raining HARD here for almost two days now and my satellite is CRAP in the rain! It has taken me almost 5 hours to answer 10 or so posts tonight!

Lsdme,

Problem solved !! Switched out the memory (from Corsair to Patriot) and lowered MCH voltage to 1.05. I got into a trap early, when I right away increased the MCH voltage. Thanks a bunch for your help on that, as I never would have tried reduced values there.

Overall, I've really appreciated our interaction. Your knowledgeable and clear with your responses....a potent combination. Is there someone I can send an email to suggesting that you may need a raise?

Sskings

Nice to see you are up and running smoothly! Thanks for you kind words for sure!

Na, no raise as I do not get paid! You can always email Gigabyte though and tell them how much you approve of this forum and my help if you like

will do.

Lsdmeasap,

Got this system running fine by following your advice in the above thread. That was several months ago. But mattters have slowly eroded and now the machine takes about 4-6 cycles on cold boot to successfully start. Have more recent BIOS updates addressed this problem? What suggestions do you have?

Thanks.
    sskings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information