Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New built PC, overclock problem.

Default Re: New built PC, overclock problem.

it says on the ram its should be 5 4 4 15 PC2 6400 800mhz.
    when i was running prime for 6hours my maximum temp was 51 @3.2. i'll try lowering the voltage to 1.375
    Last edited by Leungwk01; 11-28-2008 at 07:34 AM.

that is very good temp.... and hard code your Ram ... 5-4-4--15 ... start there ... untill we get your system stable .. then tweak the ram. ... but look like you on your way to a good OC ...
    if still frozz .. up your FSB +2
    Last edited by godto; 11-28-2008 at 08:06 AM.

If i up my fsb it will be higher than 800 ratio which i dont think my ram can support.

Edit: Did you mean the fsb voltage to +0.2?
    Last edited by Leungwk01; 11-28-2008 at 12:02 PM.

don't worries ... most ram will able to run close to 900 ... the better ram run alot higher .... so even if you up to 3.4 ... you ram still be around 888 ... very very safe and that not even oc the ram..

the FSB +2 is the voltage ... that to help the higher frontside buss... as you go above 3.2 ... more voltage will need every where ... when you get to the thresthold .... then the voltage jum alot more ...

examble .. 3.2 = 1.35v
    then 3.4 = 1.375
    but if go to 3.6 = 1.45 to make stable ..... when i get to this point ... then i know to back down to stable because i run mine 24/7 .... but other like ot go way up there ... so it is all up to indivisual what safe and what best.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Leungwk01 View Post
    I dont really know what you mean by triple/double reboot.
    however i know that when i power it on it will turn off once and reboot without me press power again.
    when it happens none of my settings in the bios is changed
    Ya, that is not normal. It would be after a BIOS change, but not from a normal bootup. But you are just getting started so it could just be some off settings.

I would advise this for your settings you posted >>>

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [402]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ 5
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 5
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______5
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 15/18

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3-4
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 3-5
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 4-6
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ (48-50) 52-62
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3-6
    Static tRead Value_______________ 7-10
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 0 [Auto] Set as auto

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V] .2-.3
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V] .1-.2
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V] .2-.2
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.2V] .2-.3
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.4] << all up to your chip, you may need more or less to be stable and keep in mind what you set here is not what you get in windows at idle and less then that at load. So you may need 1.35-1.45 or so to get a lower actual

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Disabled] << For sure enabled

And yes your ram can for sure do 900+, you would just need to loosen up the ram timings. Please link me to your ram so we can be sure if it should be CAS 4 or 5

link to where i brought it from:1
    And i think this is the same one 2

Also i've i've changed all my settings to what you have said, just have to see what its like.
    I've lowered the vcore to 1.35 and will go higher if it freezes.
    at 1.35vcore 1 core will get error so upper the vcore.
    Changed MCH to 0.3, and other settings. running prime, been 2hours. however the computer reboot thing still happens, when i leave it for 5mins and open the computer it will power off and on.
    Computer froze after 2hours 30mins ;/

After some testing i notice that if i leave my ram ratio to auto the double or triple reboot thing doesnt occur. I tried it on a 3Ghz/3.2Ghz OC at 9multiplier.
    Got multiplier 8 with 400 frequency. I set the ratio is 2.5, this solved the boot problem.
    Last edited by Leungwk01; 11-29-2008 at 07:03 AM.

I've found out that the double/triple reboot problem is caused when my memory ratio is below 2.50.

in OC ... let the ram loose ... set at 2:0 ..... OC first ,.... you too worries about the ram and that is what holding you back ... too many factor to figure out where is the problem ... just OC the CPU ... then only 3 factor .. Vcore, MCH, frontside buss (Vtt) ... once you have stable and the speed you want .. then do the Ram.

my vcore is at 1.38, MCH is 0.2, fsb 0.2
    so i loosen the ram back to 6/6/6/18? and i shouldnt worry about the double/triple boot now and fix it later?
    Does that mean that i finish ocing i would need to change the ram ratio to 2.5 to get rid of the double/triple boot?
    I'm asking this because when i was finding the reboot problem, i changed the ratio to 2.5 and ran prime for 5hours but I stopped it since you replied so i went to change bios settings.
    Last edited by Leungwk01; 11-29-2008 at 04:43 PM.

set your at 5-5-5-(15 or 18) ..
    Refresh to ACT Delay = 56-62 for now
    that should be good ... then start OC ... your board is easy ... just raise the Vcore .. MCH and FSB only so much can go ... i only do max is +3 ... so basicly you have Vcore... when you raise lot vcore and still fail .. then up the MCH and/or FSB ... after that .. then you try to lower the Vcore.... get to the point that temp is acceptable to you ... prime95(8 hours small) and OCCT pass ...

and this the point you try prime95 blend ... pass then you good ... i mormally use OCCT for quick refrence ... and tweaking and lowering your volatge and also tweak the ram at this point. .... i know it's a long process ... but safe. ... and when you have prime stable .. post your full setting here and LDS probaly can guide you more on the ram.

double/ tripple boot meant your vcore not enough (and maybe MCH,FSB) ... but if you do the ram at the same time ... so so hard to guessss
    Last edited by godto; 11-29-2008 at 04:49 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information