Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte P35-DS4 Rev 2.0 S3 Resume Fail

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte P35-DS4 Rev 2.0 S3 Resume Fail

Sounds like a plan. Then you would have two new sets, both the same voltage and made with the same IC chips, for sure compatible

I didn't have much time to test sleep mode since I sent my old ram to RMA. I'm still waiting to recieve my new modules.

I tried this evening to enter sleep mode with my 2.0V pair (only two modules), and I couldn't resume, I had infinite reboot. I tried once more, all was ok. Then a third time, and my computer was on, but couldn't load up to desktop.

I have to try some tweaks in the bios, but it's quite annoying, my old modules at 2.2V were ok to resume from sleep mode, but newer pair at 2.0V doesn't work.

Try 2.1V and see if that helps any, if not you will just need to tweak things more or use 2.2V and dont worry about your warranty (They can't tell anyway unless you physically burn them, which wont happen, that they were overvolted, and even then anything could cause a burn)

But I do advise a Fan over the ram on anything above 2.1V

I tried with 2.1V, 2.2V, MCH +0.3V, Loadline calibration to off, performance enhance to standard, Static tRead Value to 8, nothing works :(

I wonder why it always worked with my old 2.2V pair, and not now with 2.0V modules.

edit: In case I would like to change my modules for 2x2 GB (PC8500 5-5-5-15 if possible), what would you recommend me (mark and model) ?
    Last edited by pop2010; 12-15-2008 at 02:19 AM.

Well with either set they would not be stable at exactly the same settings, so that may be why you just need to tweak these a little better now is all.

Where do you live? What Brand do you prefer?

I don't really understand. I shouldn't have to tweak these because I don't o/c them, I just run @ stock with recommended voltages. All should be ok without having to tweak anything. The only thing wrong btw is resuming from sleep mode, all the rest runs fine. It sounds like being stupid for such a little thing, but I just want all to run without a hitch.

I'm living in Belgium, I can buy from France, or anywhere else in Europe. No prefered brand. I saw the memory compatibity list on Gigabyte website for this motherboard, I suppose it's not up-to-date, so it's difficult to know which one is the best choice, as I don't have a prefered brand.

I wondered if latest bios (F14) could improve compatibility with my current modules ?

Ahh, thought you was overclocking. Well No, Auto may not be stable with anything over 2x1GB and even that I consider Auto to not be able to handle good enough to resume from S3

If you want S3 to work fully/properly you will have to tweak things for sure

Ya, I would try latest BIOS (Be sure to load optimized after you flash) Please See here for related Optimized default and flashing info >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Well since you have your ram in RMA you may want to wait and see if it works when you get it back. My preferred brand is Mushkin, but I think those are $$ where you live. There is ebayer's who ship worldwide though.

So you tested your old ram recently with S3 and all is good, just not new or what? If it was not recent you cannot be sure that is the issue as if it was long ago you may have been using a different BIOS or settings

In fact, my old ram was 2.2V and whatever the bios was, resume worked (with parameters set to auto). As I had a newer pair at 2.0V, I sent my old ones for an exchange, and tested my 2.0V modules alone. But these don't work with S3 at all, whatever I do !

I don't have to wait until I get my 2 GB back since it doesn't even work with those I have now.

BTW my wife just sent me an email to tell me she recieved my memory :) No chance it work with those modules added, but who knows ?

And for your info, it would cost me about 120€ for 4GB Mushkin PC8500 :/

Do you have some tweaks for me ? You can see the bios screenshots on page 1.

Big thanks to you for your answers, even if it doesn't works it really helps me !

I just installed my new set, and flashed to bios F14c. Nothing has changed so far. If you have anything else that could help me, I'm still reading ;)

Hmm, have you tried 2.1-2.2 on these new sets? Not advised for sure to run that way (2.2 at least) without a fan, but just wondered if they resumed ok from S3 with more voltage.

I would for sure do the above mentioned tests with the BIOS you know you used to use to resume from S3 to be sure results are as similar as possible.

If more voltage does work, then you may be able to just use a little bit looser timings or voltages more/less elsewhere and be able to resume. If you do find more voltage works, please post me those settings that you get to work with more voltage and I will advise you what to loosen up so that you may try to get less voltages stable

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information