Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte P35-DS4 Rev 2.0 S3 Resume Fail

Unhappy Gigabyte P35-DS4 Rev 2.0 S3 Resume Fail

Hi,

I read some topics here to help me getting rid of this bug, but nothing works. When my computer wake up, either my gpu fan works at full speed, with nothing else to do than shutting down the power supply, either I have BSOD after resuming.

I tried different voltages, but there's nothing to do.

I flashed the bios to F13 properly (with QFlash and load optimised), I have 4x1 GB Crucial Ballistix (5-5-5-15), and a core 2 duo E8200.

I just try to make it work correctly at stock. Does anyone have a clue on what to do ?

Thanks

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte P35-DS4 Rev 2.0 S3 Resume Fail

Please post me the exact full settings you are using and I will see if I can help >>>

Hey, is this 2.2V Crucial or 2.0V?

This is Just a template I use to ask people their settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours

Code:
    Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8] 
    Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.5]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450] 
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ ?
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ ?
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______?
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ ?

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ ?
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ ?
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ ?
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ ?
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ ?
    Static tRead Value_______________
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto]

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
    CPU Clock Skew Control [normal]
    GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V] 
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V] 
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V] 
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V] 
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC

Integrated Peripherals
    Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

Thank you for your answer. I will give more details when I'm home this evening. By the way, I checked the SPD values with Everest and Memset and all seems to be ok for these values, it's all I can tell now.

I saw there is two different voltages in these modules, one is 2.0V and the other one is 2.2V. The problem occured when I added 2 GB on my mainboard. There were some errors on the new module, so I sent them to RMA, which is quite costy, and they sent me back new memory.

These modules did not have any error, then I tried to resume from sleep, it didn't work, so I checked memory once again, and now there are some errors ! What does it mean ?

DDR2 Voltage is set to auto, and is at 2.064 V I think. Setting it manually at +0.2 has the same effect.

Please do post me a sceenshot of memset (Not SPD) with the above settings in use though so I can see exactly what Auto is giving you

So, you have mismatched Pairs of ram? You are going to likely send off the 2.2V stick then so you can have both new 2.0V sticks as they are not compatible together they use different chips

You may get them to work together, but not too likely as I have already seen a few users call in with similar issues and new vs old Crucial and they were told to send in the old for new revisions so they matched. Which is what you should have had to do anyway with one bad stick, why did they not have you send in the Pair to get both new? They normally would for sure. Or did you just send off one set and kept the older set? Sorry I kept thinking 2x2 when I wrote that, I assume that is what happened how you ended up with mismatched sets

Why do you say RMA is costly? Should be about $5-7 to send off the ram

When using 2x2Gb or 4x1 you do need to set several things manually which may or may not get your working stable. It is possible, but you may need to use 2.05 or 2.1V, but in the end they are not compatible IC Chips on the ram as they would need slightly different timings

Yes, I sent the newer set, I didn't think there could be any difference :/

I said RMA is costy, because compared to the price of the RAM, it's 10 vs 50 for the pair, it's relatively costy. If I have to send my mem once again, it will make me spend 20 for nothing... They ask people to insure their package, which is very expensive too. I didn't even do that, with the risk that my memory is stolen...

By the way, if my new modules are faulty, and you say I should send my older memory set (which works fine), I would be without memory...

Ok, now I'm at home (and my son is gone to bed), I can give you some screenshots with more information. I hope it's sufficient.

Ahh, ya should have sent in the old ones, as the new ones likely were fine. Actually both were likely fine, just not together.

They are not compatible sticks, so if you tested the new ones with the old ones settings or with the old ones then that would be the reason for errors

Put performance enhance on Standard and raise Static tread for both channels to 7-8 that should get you fixed up. Set your ram voltage to 2.1V for now. 2.2 will eventually kill the old 2.2V sticks and for sure kill the new ones as well

Also set MCH voltage to +0.2-0.3V

I can give you settings for all settings, but Not sure if you will ever get them stable with mismatched pairs

If I send a pair for exchange, will they accept ?

I intend to test my new pair alone this evening. I'd like to keep this computer a long time, so it would be better to have compatible hardware.

I didn't tested only the older pair with the newer before. I tested them one by one, that's why I sent them to rma. I didn't reload optimal settings in bios btw, should I have done that ? I never thought they could have different voltages.

I hope my new pair is ok, so I can use my comp the time I exchange the old one.

Thanks a lot for your help anyway

Ya, they often will not accept a bad stick unless you send in the Pair. In this case, I would call then and tell them and tell them your Old ram is bad and they will allow a RMA and you will for sure get the new 2.0V type in exchange as they do not ship out the older type anymore.

Yes if you are testing one by one set things to auto, except performance enhance set to standard and manually set your voltages.

Ya, the new sticks are 2.0V and old are 2.2V

I just tested my new pair alone, and I have no more errors (all set to auto) ! I'm going to send back the old ram for exchange, it's the safer way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information