Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ga-ep45-ud3r new build question

Default ga-ep45-ud3r new build question

Hello am new here hope this is the right area

I just built a gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3r mother board computer everything seems to work just wondering it stops at verifying dmi pool for about 7 seconds then continues and starts normal was wondering if this is normal?

Thanks,

Leon

Default Re: ga-ep45-ud3r new build question

do you have raid enable? ... also ... check your boot up priority .. i personlly choose CD then Hard drive ... third option disable .... the more you choose before hard drive then the longer take to boot... also more hard drive and usb install does slowdown little also..
    few second wait is normal.. one of my comp i had XP and when i load HP printer driver to it ... it's take about 10 more second to load..

godto hello I am not running raid no overclocking does any of your computers start up goto verifying dmi am wondering if this is normal start

also had questions about sata don't know if I am running sata or ide tried to losd drivers with the f6 but nothing happened when I hit f6 afraid I have to many questions

I have the hard drive then the cd then disable the third one

you should have CD first then hard drive .... if you don't do raid then no need to do F6 install ...
    i believe if you have hard drive first and when window start .. they still try to read the Cd also ... so the delay is there ... if you have CD first .. will see the screen with your cd and if nothing there then boot into window.

You don't need drivers for sata then

I changed to cd first still still comes up

posts then device listing shows all the IRQ's with verifying on the bottom stops for 7 seconds then goes into windows xp

just want to know if this virifying screen is normal is there any way i can send you pictures

appreciate you taking the time I hope I am explaining this correctly

Leon

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes that is completely normal.

Boot screen (Full screen logo if enabled {Default}

Then SATA or AHCI BIOS screen

Then IRQ Screen (Device listings also) with the DMI Verification success (Normal Boot), DMI Pool Recreation Success (After DMI Pool deletion or Flash/DMI Recreation), or DMI Updates success (BIOS Change added into DMI Pool) screen at the bottom then windows.

The IRQ/DMI info screens are the same screen. So yes, three or 4 screens depending on your setup and then windows starts

One second and I will post images of my boot process so you are sure that What I say is normal.

Images will follow

Sorry about the image quality, I took about 50 images to get these as my PC boots so fast thru them as they switch I could never get the camera to take it at exactly the right time. But as you can see these 3/4 screens are normal before windows loads

Boot (Full Screen Logo, images vary from board to board)

Post (Only if Full screen logo Disabled)

SATA or AHCI BIOS Screen with Disk status shown

IRQ/Devices... All DMI Pool messages At the bottom

Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-28-2008 at 12:27 PM.

yes there my screens

can you tell me how to post pictures here if I ever need to?

Again I can't thank you enough.

All the best,

Leon

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

All you do is upload them to a image host, like photobucket.com, imageshack.us, or I use tinypic.com. Any host will do...

Then you put the DIRECT URL into image tags like so >>>

[img]Direct URL of Image Here[/img]

Post back anytime if you have more questions or issues

Good luck with getting your build all finished up!

Thread Information