Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3L Standby Problems

Default GA-EP45-DS3L Standby Problems (and more!)

Hey, folks. I'm kinda new at building systems, so perhaps I guess I should expect that things wouldn't be perfect the first time around. This might turn into kindof a long message, because I've got a lot of little questions. Thanks in advance if you get through it. I have no intention to overclock, at this time. I just want to get this machine humming at stock, for now.

Here's my system:
    GA-EP45-DS3L (bios F9)
    Intel Q8200 Quad Core 2.33Ghz
    Geforce 9800GT 512MB
    Corsair VX550W power supply
    Patriot Extreme Performance PC2-6400 2x2GB, 800MHz
    Windows XP SP3

The main problem that I'm posting about is that I can't go into standby with this system. Almost any time I try to enter standby mode, the system will restart itself a few seconds later (anywhere from 1-5 seconds) - at which point I can resume where I left off. No data's lost, but I can't standby, either. Very occasionally it will shut down properly... though it seems different from the standby I'm used to.

Sometimes it's worse, though, instead of restarting itself and staying on, it will shut itself down again after another few seconds. Then restart itself, and shut itself down... endlessly. The only way to get out of the cycle is to shut off the PSU and do a hard boot. It generally works fine again after that.

The Gigabyte tech support person who's been helping me out has been... well, not very helpful, unfortunately. Poor english and worse sentence structure. I've also been consulting with tech support from the place I got the parts (NCIX).

One suggestion from NCIX was to flash the bios to F9, which I did, but I think the problem it was meant to solve was intended for Vista, so it didn't do anything. The system seems to work more or less the same, so it hasn't destroyed anything, but I saved the old bios (it was F8, I think) just in case. I haven't gone back to it, yet.

The GA tech suggested checking the RAM voltage. Turns out my RAM is rated for 2.1~2.2V, so I boosted it up to 2.1V in the bios (leaving everything else as it was) - but the problem remains. I tried booting up with single memory sticks and it was the same, again. (I remember seeing something in the stickies about MCH voltage, or something? Could that be part of the problem, too?)

I did run memtest86+ through once (with both RAM sticks in), and it passed fine - though I didn't try running it for longer than necessary to pass all the tests on one go. Still, I think my memory is probably fine.

I've also tried uninstalling the Dynamic Energy Saver and EasyTune, since I've heard that those can cause problems with standby.

Anyway, I'm stumped. Any help anyone could offer would be most welcome. I've skimmed through some of the stickies at the top of the forum, but I must confess that there was too much information for me to process at one go.

Another couple little problems, as long as I'm laying out my burdens here... these are less serious ones:
    -My front audio panel doesn't respond. The Gigabyte tech said that with the onboard audio only the front OR the back panel will work, but that seems fishy. If it's true, then at least is there a way to make the front panel responsive, rather than the back?

-Fallout 3 (which is one of the reasons I put together this system - I don't play a lot of games, but wanted to play this one) has bluescreen crashes more than it should... though it's not unmanageable, just annoying. The image will lock, the sound will skip for a second, and then a blue screen will pop up (too fast to read any of the numbers) and the system will restart. Only once did that result in a brief scare where Windows wouldn't start up properly a couple times. I don't really expect you guys to know the answer to this one, but it might be related to the other problems I'm having, and therefore may provide some clues.

Thanks again.

(edited for title -- see updates a couple posts down. Have since picked up some replacement RAM and will be testing it for much of the rest of the day.)
    Last edited by christo; 11-29-2008 at 07:17 AM.

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3L Standby Problems

put your full bios spect here .. that way can see and better helping you out..

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

OK, well first off what type of standby do you have set S1 or S3? When you flashed to the F9 BIOS did you load optimized defaults and save/apply/reboot after you flashed, if not you must.

Then please do tell us what type of sleep you are trying to use, it is in the Power Management Page of the BIOS. The default is S3, and you may be used to S1 which is why you think it is different.

S3 suspends everything to your ram and shuts down the system. S1 suspends to disk and leaves the system running at a lower power phase

If you would like to use S1, you would need to change that setting. S3 is much better, but you will have to have ALL settings in the MIT Set properly, especially the ram settings or it will not function properly. The S3 fix was not a Vista only issue, just more users use Vista so it was more noticeable. It did however affect anyone overclocking, or anyone with incorrect settings

Yes, ram voltage and likely MCH would be for sure needed as well for 2x2GB, and trfc would have to be set properly and Static Tread. You should also set performance enhance to standard as well.

One pass of Memtest86+ is not enough, 5-10 full passes is recommended
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Yes, you can only use front or back speakers. If you want to use the front the rear speakers would just be disabled. Sounds like you may have the wires connected wrong. You MUST make sure your case front panel wiring is pinned out for the correct wiring on the board. HD and AC'97 will both work but you will have to change the wires around for AC'97 front panel connectors as The board is setup for HD. Here is the wire diagram for the board, you will have to look in your case manual and see what type of wiring it is made out to be and redo the wires if need be (Page # 26 of your manual) >>>

Disregaurd the "Note" about enabling AC'97 via software, that is old software and RealTek does not have that in the control panel. What you really need to do is simply rewire your front panel to HD wiring as it is likely AC'97 since you say it is not working

Your game issue could be your card drivers, as many drivers often have issues. So be sure you have the latest drivers for your card

But I tend to think more along the lines of your ram and other BIOS settings being off since it sounds like you have not changed much. Auto is Often too much or not enough of something, and for sure is not going to be stable for S3 and or games with 2x2GB.

Also be sure you have the Intel Chipset Drivers package installed, here it is incase you do not >>>
    Intel Chipset Driver 8.3.0.1013 download from Guru3D.com

And here is the latest RealTek sound driver as well >>
    Realtek

Please give me a link to your ram, if you cannot please tell me the model # on the sticker. I can give you a full set of recommended settings to start with.

Also, fill this out with what you are using now and then I will advise back with some suggested ranges >>>

This is Just a template I use to ask people their settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours

Code:
    MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
    Robust Graphics Booster ...............: 
    CPU Clock Ratio ..........................: 
    Fine CPU Clock Ratio.....................:.0
    CPU Frequency ...........................: 

Clock Chip Control 
    Standard Clock Control
    CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Enabled] 
    CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............: Mhz
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) .........:Set to 100

C.I.A.2 .................................:[Disabled]

Advanced Clock Control [Press Enter]
    CPU Clock Drive...........................: <<< 
    PCI Express Clock Drive.................: <<< 
    CPU Clock Skew (ps)....................: <<< 
    MCH Clock Skew (ps)...................: <<< 

DRAM Performance Control
    Performance Enhance...................: [STANDARD]
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.).....: Disabled
    (G)MCH Frequency Latch...............: [Auto]
    System Memory Multiplier ..............: 
    Memory Frequency (Mhz) ..............: 
    DRAM Timing Selectable ................: [Manual]

Standard Timing Control
    CAS Latency Time........................
    tRCD .........................................
    tRP'...........................................
    tRAS..........................................

Advanced Timing Control
    tRRD...........................................
    tWTR..........................................
    tWR............................................
    tRFC...........................................
    tRTP...........................................
    Command Rate (CMD) ....................:2

Driving Strength Profiles
    Driving Strength ............................

Channel A
    Static tRead Value.........................:7-10
     tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................:<<< Leave for all below as well
    tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:Auto
     tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:Auto
     tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................:Auto
    Trd2rd(Different Rank)....................:Auto 
    Twr2wr(Different Rank)...................:Auto 
    Twr2rd(Different Rank)...................:Auto 
    Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:Auto 
    Dimm1 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto  ps
    Dimm2 Clock Skew Control...............:Auto  ps

Channel B
    Static tRead Value.........................:7-10
     tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................:<<< Leave for all below as well

Motherboard Voltage Control
    Voltage Type.………... Manual
    CPU
    CPU Vcore….……….........................:
    CPU Termination…..... 1.200V*.......: <<< Leave
    CPU PLL…………………....1.500V*.......: << Please set to stock, Auto overvolts this way to much

CPU Referen.…………....0.755V*.......: <<< .64% Of Vtt (Termination above) Auto Will set this correctly 

CPU Reference2………,,0.800V*.......:<<< .67% Of Vtt (Termination above) Auto Will set this correctly 

MCH/ICH
    MCH Core…………….....1.100V...........: << 
    MCH Reference….…….0.800V...........; <<< Leave
    MCH/DRAM Ref.…......0.900V...........: <<< Leave
    ICH I/O……………….....1.550V............: <<< Leave
    ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: <<< Leave

DRAM
    DRAM Voltage ……....1.800V............: 
    DRAM Termination .…0.900V............: <<< Leave
    Channel A Reference 0.900V............: <<< Leave
    Channel B Reference 0.900V............: <<< Leave

Advanced Settings
    Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC

Integrated Peripherals
    Legacy USB Storage Detect ..............[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

Ha ha ha, after I almost finished typing everything out, my computer went into another bluescreen error. I'm now on my housemate's machine.

Also: thank you for such a detailed reply. Sorry I didn't respond sooner - I expected that I'd get an email when a reply came, but it turns out that it didn't make it through.

Well, it looks like (at the very least) my RAM is bugged, after all. Hopefully it's not something I did in set up. Eek. I just ran memtest86+, started getting a bunch of errors. Restarted it with one stick, and the errors really started piling up (I let it run for a bit longer). Am now running it with the other stick. It's gotten up to test #8 without any errors, so that's a good sign at least... though I am going to let it run overnight.

Anyway. the bluescreen errors (brought on, seemingly, by Fallout - but maybe that's just because it's the most resource intensive thing I've been doing lately) have continued and gotten worse. It got to the point where I wound up re-flashing back to my old bios (f8), and loading the optimized defaults (I did that the last time, too)... so that will probably account for some of the numbers on the chart I'm going to type out.

It's possible that all of this info is going to be moot, given that I've got at least one faulty RAM stick, but I'll type it up for good measure. Hell, something else might be wrong, somewhere.

Anyway, here's my present BIOS info:
    Code:
    Robust Graphics Booster ...............: auto
    CPU Clock Ratio ..........................: 7x
    Fine CPU Clock Ratio.....................:.n/a
    CPU Frequency ...........................: 2.33GHz (333x7)

Clock Chip Control 
    Standard Clock Control
    CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Disabled] 
    CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............: 333
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) .........:Auto

CPU Clock Drive...........................: <<< 800mV
    PCI Express Clock Drive.................: <<< 800mV
    CPU Clock Skew (ps)....................: <<< 0ps
    MCH Clock Skew (ps)...................: <<< 0ps

DRAM Performance Control
    Performance Enhance...................: [Turbo]
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.).....: Disabled
    System Memory Multiplier ..............: Auto
    Memory Frequency (Mhz) ..............: 800
    DRAM Timing Selectable ................: [Auto]

Standard Timing Control
    CAS Latency Time........................5
    tRCD .........................................5
    tRP'...........................................5
    tRAS..........................................12
    (Oddly, this had been set at 4-4-4-12 before.  It may be because I re-flashed to my old bios and loaded those defaults.)

Advanced Timing Control
    tRRD...........................................3 - Auto
    tWTR..........................................3 - Auto
    tWR............................................6 - Auto
    tRFC...........................................52 - Auto (did I write something down wrong, here?)
    tRTP...........................................3 - Auto
    Command Rate (CMD) ....................:0

Driving Strength ............................Auto

Channel A
    Static tRead Value.........................:7
     tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................:7 - Auto
    tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:0 - Auto
     tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:0 - Auto
     tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................: - Auto
    Trd2rd(Different Rank)....................:6 - Auto 
    Twr2wr(Different Rank)...................:6 - Auto 
    Twr2rd(Different Rank)...................:5 - Auto 
    Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:8 - Auto 

Channel B
     tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................:0  - Auto
    tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:0 - Auto
     tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:0 - Auto
     tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................:0 - Auto
    Trd2rd(Different Rank)....................:6 - Auto 
    Twr2wr(Different Rank)...................:6 - Auto 
    Twr2rd(Different Rank)...................:5 - Auto 
    Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:8 - Auto 

Voltage Type.………... n/a
    CPU
    CPU Vcore….……….........................:1.11250V - Auto
    CPU Termination…..... 1.200V*.......:  - Auto
    CPU PLL…………………....1.550V*.......: - Auto
    CPU Referen.…………....0.805V*.......:  - Auto

MCH/ICH
    MCH Core…………….....1.100V...........: <<  - Auto
    MCH Reference….…….0.760V...........; <<<  - Auto
    MCH/DRAM Ref.…......0.900V...........: <<<  - Auto
    ICH I/O……………….....1.550V............: <<<  - Auto
    ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: <<<  - Auto

DRAM
    DRAM Voltage ……....1.800V............:  - Auto  (This had been set for 2.100V before)
    DRAM Termination .…N/A
    Channel A Reference ..N/A
    Channel B Reference N/A

Advanced Settings
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Enabled]
    C2/C2E State Support....................: N/A
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: N/A
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Enabled]
    Virtualization Technology................: N/A

Integrated Peripherals
    Legacy USB Storage Detect ..............[Enabled]
    (Out of interest, is there an easier way to get all this info without having to write it all down and then type it up again? No big deal if there isn't, just wondering...)

So anyway, before coming back here, I got so aggravated that I tried to reinstall windows. The problem is that if I boot from my XP CD, it hits a blue screen error right after it finishes loading all the software/hardware files and says "Starting Windows." Here's the pertinent data, though there doesn't seem to be any knowledge base info for this exact error:
    0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0XF748E0BF, 0XF78DA208, 0XF78D9F08)
    pci.sys
    Address F748E0BF base at F787000, Datestamp 3b7d855c
    This has happened more than once, with the same error message. At this point I just want to reformat my HD and reinstall windows (it's probably a good idea anyway -- it's an old HD, I didn't start totally fresh for this build).

Would this have also been a product of faulty RAM?

Speaking of which, this is the memory I have:
    Patriot Memory - Products

More specifically:
    PDC24G6400LLK Patriot Extreme Performance DDR2 4GB (2 x 2GB) PC2-6400 Low Latency DIMM Kit

Also: thanks for the info about the Audio panel. That is, of course, beyond my concern at the moment. And you were right about the Standby setting - it was indeed set for S3. At any rate, it was still a problem with F9... though with the RAM, who knows?

Anyway. It's time for bed. Thanks so much.

Hey there. The one RAM stick that I have in right now went through memtest for just under 8 hours, passing 18 times before I shut it down. No errors. So it looks like one of the sticks is faulty. They're still covered under warranty, so I will replace them today, I think. (In fact, after I send this message...)

I still want to reformat my HD, but I hesitate to do so until I know how I should set up my BIOS.

I just remembered, though, that the old standby issue that originally brought me here still happened even with this singular (operating) RAM stick installed as well as F9... so either it's a problem with the settings (which, perhaps, is likely), or standby is going to be out of reach (which is annoying).

Anyway, thanks again.

Oh lord, it just keeps getting worse.
    So I exchanged the RAM for new sticks, and did a memtest86+ for a good three hours and 18 passes with one stick and no errors.
    The settings were the same as above, except that I manually set the timings for 4-4-4-12 (instead of 5-5-5-15), and I set the DRAM voltage to 2.100V... since those are what the RAM is rated for.

I ran the test again for the second stick, and curse curse curse, I got a couple of errors after only 9 minutes in, in test 5. I'd read in a couple other posts that the errors don't necessarily indicate that the RAM is bad - it could just be the settings, so I set the performance enhancement to "Standard" instead of the "Turbo" that it had been left at from the previous test. (I have noticed that this is the recommended setting when going for 2x2GB... though this is still just a single stick being tested.)

The two errors happened again, but this time at different addresses on the RAM. I'm not sure what that indicates. I didn't write them down the first time, but I did it the second time around. I assume the specifics are largely irrelevant, but I'll write it down anyway in case anyone here can divine something from the numbers. (Trying to keep this thread as up to date as possible...)

Test
    5________________________5

Pass
    0________________________0

Failing Address
    0005d0c1b18 (1448.0 MB)_____0005e0c1af8 (1504.0 MB)

Good
    80000000_____________80000000

Bad
    00000000_______________00000000

Err-Bits
    80000000________________80000000

Count
    1____________________2

Sorry for the fudginess of that 'chart' up there... it's the best I can do without taking a photo.

Just checking in my PC Health status, I figured I'd add a couple pertinent things:
    Vcore 1.092V (I guess this is auto at work?)
    DDR18V 2.080V (is this was the result of my 2.1V setting is?)

Do I have to make the trek down to the store and exchange the RAM again? (And, of course, if I do, I'll have to return the good stick along with the bad one. Feels like Russian Roulette.)

This whole thing is quickly becoming very upsetting... making me wish that I'd just bought a pre-built PC.

Okay, I just went and had a look at the test again, and it had another error in test 8 (at a different location). And, after finishing all the other tests, it pulled down four more errors in test five, again at different locations. The stick is toast, isn't it?

I know there's no sense in getting too worked up about all this, but it's hard not to feel helpless. Especially since the days in my warranty are running out...

__
    Oh jeez, I just realized that I've probably been breaking forum etiquette by posting so much in my own thread with no replies in between. In future I'll be sure to edit, instead. Sorry guys!

Also, I'm just wondering.. when I go to properties for My Computer, it comes up with this for "Computer":
    Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 Quad CPU
    q8200 @2.33GHz
    1.98 GHz, 2.00GB of RAM (because I have one stick in right now)
    Physical Address Extension.

Why is there the second, lower GHz timing? What's stranger is that a couple times when I checked (a few days ago) both numbers came up as 2.33Ghz). For that matter, what does Physical Address Extension mean? I don't know if any of this is relevant.

Haha.. all this posting must make me look pretty desperate. I guess I am, at this point. I've been trying to get this system to work stably for two weeks now, on/off... it was ALMOST perfect, but it just seems to keep deteriorating.

Ah-- and one more question. I am getting some weird ratings for temperature. Both SiSandra Lite and CoreTemp (both of which I just downloaded recently, from reading other posts) are registering my CPU between 50-60C, which is way too hot, of course-- but the PC Health thing in the BIOS is registering it as 37C. Why the huge discrepancy?
    Last edited by christo; 11-29-2008 at 02:36 PM. Reason: To apologize for being a forum-doofus. And to add another bit...

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Wow, I would reply to all of that but it does seem you have a faulty stick. Now when you returned it the first time you had to get both sticks new right? And the second set has one good and one bad? Are you SURE they gave you a new set? If you are not sure, when you go to return this second faulty set please mark on the side of one of the rams with UV marker so you can check they do give you a new set this time

Ya, the only way to post settings is manually doing it

Your "stop" error on install could be ram or not enough voltage to your GFX card, or incorrect SATA Settings per the install. Many things can cause this, and it is never one particular thing. Also if you are using a Old XP install disk, like with no service packs, you will also get this error. If this is the cause you will either need to burn a XP SP2 or SP3 CD by slipstreaming the service pack to the CD >>>
    http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase...slipstream.asp

Ya, if you set ram timings, voltage and set performance enhance to standard both sticks should pass by themselves or they are faulty. You can also set manually memory multiplier to 2.40B but that is what auto is using

The CPU Speed differences are likely because before you had C1E and ESIT Disabled and have not disabled them again since your optimized default loading

PAE is just how 32bit system reads more then 2GB of ram

Are you using the latest CoreTemp? It should show you CPU Core temps and not CPU Temp. A very different thing, CPU Temps you do not need to worry about, core temps you do. 50-60 is fine for a core temp, but not at idle. What fan are you using and are you sure you did not put too much paste under there?

Sounds like you should get new ram, again.... And see how that goes. But, hey on the "Faulty" stick, did you try testing that in the same slot as the good one? Just curious, if so then yep sounds faulty to me
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-29-2008 at 11:48 PM.

Thanks!
    I know, I wrote a lot... I'm new at this, so I want to make sure I don't miss anything important.

The stop error on install was with an old XP CD, so it looks like that might have been the cause. As soon as I find some proper working RAM I'll try that slipstreaming bit.

I think I've got the newest Coretemp - it was giving me the numbers for individual cores. The fan I've got on my CPU is just the stock fan that came with it, and the thermal paste was already applied. I'm pretty much 100% certain it was seated properly. I've got some Arctic MX-2 (or something) that I could reapply, but I'd rather not fiddle with it, if I can avoid that.

Thanks again for slogging through all that. I'm wondering, though, if you could post a list of recommended BIOS/memory settings? I think I know more or less what I need from reading some of your other posts, but I want to make sure, since as I mentioned, I'm a newbie at this. I really appreciate everything you do here, Lsdmeasap, (it looks like you get a lot of almost exactly the same problem being reported, too...)

Just to relink, I'm using these guys:
    Patriot Memory - Products

PDC24G6400LLK Patriot Extreme Performance DDR2 4GB (2 x 2GB) PC2-6400 Low Latency DIMM Kit

Hey there... looks like the third time might have been the charm. I tested each new RAM stick separately for over three hours (each) and didn't get any errors. I have just started testing with both sticks in... so we'll see what happens. Will probably wind up leaving it to go overnight.

Here are the settings I'm using right now (bios F9) - please let me know if there's anything that I'm missing or should be changing. I think I've picked up most of what you suggested in the other threads, and in the big sticky up top.... but I'm nervous. This system has been plagued with problems from day one, so I don't want to get too complacent.

Code:
    Robust Graphics Booster ...............: Auto
    CPU Clock Ratio ..........................: 7x
    Fine CPU Clock Ratio.....................:.
    CPU Frequency ...........................: 2.33Ghz (333x7)

Clock Chip Control 
    Standard Clock Control
    CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Disabled] 
    CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............: 333
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) .........:100

CPU Clock Drive...........................: 800mV
    PCI Express Clock Drive.................: 800mV
    CPU Clock Skew (ps)....................: 0ps 
    MCH Clock Skew (ps)...................: 0ps 

DRAM Performance Control
    Performance Enhance...................: [STANDARD]
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.).....: [Auto]
    System Memory Multiplier ..............: [Auto]
    Memory Frequency (Mhz) ..............: 800
    DRAM Timing Selectable ................: [Manual]

Standard Timing Control
    CAS Latency Time........................4
    tRCD .........................................4
    tRP'...........................................4
    tRAS..........................................12
    (Though it looks like with F9 it recognizes this setting on auto)

Advanced Timing Control
    tRRD...........................................3
    tWTR..........................................3
    tWR............................................6
    tRFC...........................................52
    tRTP...........................................3
    Command Rate (CMD) ....................:0

Driving Strength ............................Auto

Channel A
    Static tRead Value.........................:7 (The stock wants it to be 6?)
     tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................:Auto

Channel B
     tRD Phase0 Adjustment...................:Auto

Voltage Type.………... Normal (I don't think I have an option, here?)
    CPU
    CPU Vcore….……….......1.11250V.....: Auto
    CPU Termination…..... 1.200V.......: Auto
    CPU PLL…………………....1.550V.......: Auto
    CPU Referen.…………....0.805V.......: Auto

MCH/ICH
    MCH Core…………….....1.100V...........: 1.24V
    MCH Reference….…….0.760V...........; Auto
    ICH I/O……………….....1.550V............: Auto

DRAM
    DRAM Voltage ……....1.800V............: 2.100V

Advanced Settings
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Enabled]
    Like I think I mentioned earlier, I don't really have any intention to overclock this - I just want it to work at stock. I've certainly learned a lot about all this stuff... though I still really know what most of it means.

If memtest works fine, then I guess it's on to reformatting/reinstalling windows, and then making sure S3 works. Yowza. Oh yeah... but I am wondering about where I should install windows. Right now I have it on an older IDE drive - it's a fairly ancient 80GB drive from like 5 or 6 years back. Still works fine, though. I was thinking of using it as my boot drive and installing all my other applications on my newer SATA2 500 GB drive. I expect this to slow down startup, but once I'm all booted, will the older drive slow down the rest of my operations? (Trying to eliminate the weakest link...)

Also, what basic testing programs do you recommend, to see if everything is stable? I have seen a lot around here about Prime95 (which I have downloaded), and something called Orthos? And Intel Burn Test? How important is it for me to run these tests if I'm just looking to get things going at stock? (It seems like maybe a lot?)

Sorry to pile on so many questions...
    Anyway, thanks!

(Oh, fudge, sorry for the double-post again.)
    Last edited by christo; 11-30-2008 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Double-post apology.

ed1 is offline Member

Guys, don't forget on the GA-EP45-DS3L board lowering the MCH core voltage from 1.10v to 1.05v has brought instant stability to quite a few users who otherwise couldn't get things right with 2x2gb RAM.

Just a reminder!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information