Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced not saving settings!

Default Re: Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced not saving settings!

I guess there is no recourse on this flakey software. I had tried very patiently to bring this problem to Gigabyte Tech support attention....and they obviously dont want to deal with it...let alone admit that there "might" be a bug with the software. One of the reasons I bought a Gigabyte board is that I had heard that the support was decent. I do realize that there is a language issue....but come on...give me a break.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

If any of you want a old version let me know and I will see about getting it for you.

Hi...I tried the latest version of the Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced from Gigabyte's website a few days ago...in hope that it would save the settings after a reboot. Unfortunately it does not work properly either. If there is an "older" version out there that saves settings, I would be interested in testing it out.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well I do not know which it would be. Do you remember which version you had that did? If you can remember I can get it for you likely

Have you emailed support to let them know settings are not saved? If not, please do >>>
    GIGABYTE - Upgrade Your Life

I have emailed Gigabyte tech support and posted their responses earlier in this thread. I had inquired with them a just few weeks ago about it again with no response. I have finally decided to write it off trying to get DESA to work....and their tech support doesn't seem overly concerned. I don't have a clue what version of DESA apparently saved its settings. It seems like too much work to pursue.

Hi,

I signed up to this forum just to post about this problem with the DES tool ..... I have been testing it with my Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H motherboard and I have found the following :

1)After setting DES on and rebooting, DES displays a warning message, then booting back into Windows DES has turned of .... UNLESS certain BIOS settings are configured correctly! For example I found that the IDE controller in the BIOS has to be enabled for DES to work.

2) I have a dual-boot with Ubuntu and even when DES is happy with the BIOS settings and DES is enabled each time I boot into Windows - I found that by booting into Ubuntu, DES would turn of. This is verified by the fact that the power goes from 62w (DES on) to 72w (DES of) and that the 'DES is of' boot message re-appears after a subsequent boot.

So it would seem that DES is fussy about the BIOS settings, perhaps it only likes the Default settings and that it is not really capable of being saved in memory without Windows.

Hi...I tried DES some time ago with the default values set in my BIOS, and it didn't save the settings.

Did you restore to the safe default settings and did you have IDE controller set to IDE ..... this is what did it for me.

Took me ages to play around with the BIOS SETTINGS and learn which ones would allow DES to save.

Wouldn't it be better if DES was a motherboard setting instead of a not that well BIOS tested Windows bit of software! ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information