Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced not saving settings!

Default Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced not saving settings!

I am having problems with the Dynamic Energy Saver (DES) software version GEST 1.1.B8.1110.1 I have a GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard using Windows XP Pro SP3.

I have the CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) and CPU EIST
    Function items in the BIOS set to "Enabled".

After a reboot I run a very memory intensive program (prime 95), that loads all 4 cores of my q6600 to 100%. I start the DES, and it shows I am using about 110 watts. When I turn the DES button on, and turn on the CPU throttling button it shows about 66 watts. When I hit the "x" to close, I enter "yes" to stealth mode that says that the DES will turn off completely but hardware based energy saving functions will stay in effect.

I am monitoring my CPU core temps, and they drop from about 54 to 61C to 46 to 52C with DES enabled. The issue is when I reboot. Its as if the DES settings are reset.

When I start prime 95 again, and open DES...all the DES settings are as I had them before the reboot. My power usage is at 110 watts again. If I toggle the CPU throttling button from off to back on again the power usage drops to 67 watts again.

What is going on here? Why do I have to go into DES every time get it work properly by toggling the CPU throttling button? Can anyone please help me with this problem?

Thanks

Default Re: Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced not saving settings!

did you OC or they all stock ???

I have overclocked to 3.2 GHz.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Could just be a bug with the software, I have seen a few lately

Is it ok when you reboot if you do not set it to stealth mode?

If I do not enable the "stealth mode" in the DES Advance, and then reboot...when I open DES it appears off, and I have a usage of 110 watts.

Hmm, ya that sounds like it is not working properly for sure. You may just have to wait for a updated version. Please do forward your issue and or this thread to Tech support at Gigabyte so they are aware of the issue >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Technical Service Zone

I have submitted this issue to the "GIGABYTE - Support - Technical Service Zone". I was just wondering if anyone else was having similar issues or problems with the DES advanced software?

Well, ya a few users now and again have issues with it. But honestly most users buy Gigabyte boards to overclock, so not often do users even install it.

I actually find it funny that Gigabyte pride's itself in overclocking boards, and host's such competitions and still would make such a program. Well, I guess it is the thing to try to be green these days?

The software really seems to lower cpu core temps when its working properly. Isn't this what you want when overclocking...as well as stability? When the DES Advanced is running properly, I see core temps drop by 7 degrees or more when running prime 95.

No, when overclocking you really do not want anything like that installed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information