Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Trd phase ajustments ?

Default Trd phase ajustments ?

I have the ep45-ds3r, im curious about in the bios under static tread value, there are phase ajustments, phase 1 phase 2 etc, what do these do ? i know you say to leave them on auto, but they must be there for a reason, im guessing to fine tweak your memory, can you tell me what they do, or give me a link that exsplains what they do.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Trd phase ajustments ?

Yes, you can fine tune your ram this way. What they do is at certain times they will pull down the Static tRead Phase Value by one.

If you play with them, just be ready to clear your CMOS as this is often needed if they do not work with your settings.

What I have got to work at certain speeds with certain phase values is this, but YMMV of course depending on ram quality and all settings used at that time >>>

tRD Phase0 Adjustment ......... 1 Advance

tRD Phase1 Adjustment ......... 0 Normal

tRD Phase2 Adjustment ......... 1 Advance

tRD Phase3 Adjustment ......... 1 Advance

Here is some reading for you, of course about other boards, but it does give you some insight as to what these settings do >>>
    AnandTech: The Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 - Redefining the High End?

AnandTech: DFI UT P35-T2R: Tweakers Rejoice!

Thanks for the great information, i will read those links. I just tried those settings you had, and its a no go, wont boot, will have to read up and play around with it, thanks again.

excellent articles thanks alot, but i cant get it to work for me, when i try setting those settings, i get overclock errors was hoping to lower my trd, will keep trying, im reading that certain boards like certain trds, some boards with same memory will run a lower trd, thinking of buying a extra board for tweaking, the gigabyte x48 dq6 the one in the article you gave me, but in that review sounds like major bios problems, have to see if they have fixed those issues or not yet.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

What Memory multi are you using, and what tRD? How much ram and MCH Voltage do you have set as well?

EP/P35-DS4 board would be a good choice for a simple tweaking and overclocking board

Thread Information