Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vista on an x48-dq6

Default Re: vista on an x48-dq6

well, i formated the usb drive, and made it primary, and than booted from it, needless to say that on my other system it works great, i have vista up and running within 20 min.
    it's interesting what u say about sata dvd drives not workin correctly, i think this poors some light on the matter something i haven't looked into.

about a bios pic i will try getting a pic with my phone, since the pc is not usable atm and i'm answering this from my work PC.

the only problem remains is when the pc goes into sleep mode, y won't it wake up... weird as hell.

and isn't vista compatible with all sata drives in the working sense, weird i get delay on a system 2 years old, xp does the same, but that can be expected.

thanks everyone for all the help, it really helped me shed some light on the matter new prespective. thanks again.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

As I said, no need to make primary or anything like that. Just choose F12 at boot and then Hard drive and on the next screen choose your USB By name. I just think you are not working with a fully bootable USB Stick. Did you ever make a memtest USB Stick and boot to it to see how the process works?

Bootable programs do have issues often with AHCI or RAID or SATA due to some do not have proper 16Bit drivers is all. Not really a SATA Drive issue, but a program driver limitation issue

As for your sleep issues what are you trying to wake the system with? And what do you have set to wake the system in the BIOS?

What do you get from this? Windows Key + R, type cmd and in the next window run these two commands >>>

Code:
    POWERCFG /AVAILABLESLEEPSTATES
    Code:
    powercfg /DEVICEQUERY wake_armed
    Then run one of these depending on what Sleep you are using to see what is set to be able to wake the system >>

S1
    Code:
    POWERCFG /DEVICEQUERY wake_from_S1_supported
    S3
    Code:
    POWERCFG /DEVICEQUERY wake_from_S3_supported
    To use a KB or Mouse you need a PS/2 device

Ya, most all SATA Drives should work in Vista

ok i need to break this down,
    my first problem is, when i boot from an original VISTA DVD, it takes 5 min to move from screen to screen, for example : when i choose language than Install Now, untill the validation screen it takes 5 min, from the validation screen after i enter the key and all it takes another 5 min, 15 min in total till installation begins.

2nd problem, i took a USB KEY, made it bootable from my vista DVD,
    than entered it PRESSED F12, choose boot from USB, and nothing happend, i did everything Mentioned in the forum, but still doesn't recognize it, I GOTTA SAY that it works Perfectly on my X61 laptop and my 2nd computer an OLD IBM Netvista.

3rd Problem, when computer Goes into Sleep mode, when i move the mouse it should wake up, well it certainly tries to, but it makes a Rouring Sound like it tries to Start but fails, and no output to Screen, and it can continoue Doing that till i Unplug it from the Wall and reconnect it, the Button on the Case doesn't work in that case, There isn't any problem with the Button cause when it works normally everything Works.

Thanks for a More than wellcomed Help, this Forum is great i never thought any 1 would bother answering :)

thanks again to everyone.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

You do not choose boot from USB at boot, you choose hard drive, then usb. If you did that then do not mind me.

I am not sure about your DVD issue, is it SATA? If so, did you try native enabled for that controller, and without it enabled?

If IDE, did you try with only it on the cable, and both cable/jumper spots?

It may just be not a fully compatible drive, it happens

As for your sleep issues, do you have the latest BIOS? If so, is your ram 100% stable with Memtest86+ and your system 100% Orthos 10Hours + or Intel Burn test stable? If not you will have issues with S3 until you fix that

And please do answer the above command questions about Sleep as well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information