Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP45-DQ6 memory settings issue

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP45-DQ6 memory settings issue

Ok, since memtest passes but you fail to fully load windows that means you Voltages may be wrong still.... Or you are testing with memtest at stock which the board is likely defaulted to until you get a stable boot

What Ram speed is Memtest showing you?

Here, use this beta 6 version so you can see your timings. Check and see if your correct main timings and speed are shown, or if it is defaulting to something else due to incorrect settings (Floppy or USB Only) >>>
    B6 USB-FLoppy.zip

Do you mean either stick at stock (With performance enhance standard, static Tread set above 7, and ram voltage set) is failing or just one?

I flashed the bios and upgrade it something like F5 to F12. Thanks to Lsdmeasap for the great directions in another post for how to use this using Q flash.

So far (crossing fingers) the new bios recognizes the ram at the right stepping automatically. I increased the MHC and core voltate just to be safe. CPUz read the correct setting of 533 (x2 for 1066). I had 2, yes 2 , stable boots but I have not had a chance to do a full stress test for stability. I plan to do that this evening. If all works I will post the final settings on the new Bios to help others with this board.

Or I am simply going to RMA the Ram.

For what it's worth, I have this same board and was having lots of trouble with ram timings when I flashed to F12. I have Mushkin memory and their main tech said that they have had many customers run into problems like this with newer BIOS. I flashed back to F9 and it was like night and day...very stable now. You might give that a try

I ran the PC last night memory test as well, new DVD drive install and played a bit of WOW and all seems stable. I may need to tweak the settings to optimize but at elast I have a stable starting point. Turns out a Bios upgrade was needed.

randers4 did you go to 11 or 12? 11 was released on 9/10 and 12 on 9/30. My guess is Gigabyte realized there was an issue with f11 and moved to a quick fix with f12.

I learned from the whole thing that at this end of the PC spectrum there is a ton of sensitivity to settings so it might be that f12 does not work for Mushin but does for OCZ ram.

However if it does get flaky I will heed your advice and drop to f9.
    Last edited by captmorgan22408; 12-05-2008 at 09:17 PM.

Great to hear you are getting somewhere!

Now, on the MAIN Page of the BIOS hit F11 and save that stable BIOS as your stable staring point. Then make a few changes and go back to the main page and hit F11 again and save that as your working overclock profile.

Then anytime you want to switch between then on the MAIN Page F12 is Load. Be sure after you load a profile though that you check your ram multi as this sometimes get set to auto when switching

Ya if F12 is no good for you, go back to F10 then maybe, why you say F9? Just wondered

Actually it was F12 that I was having problems with (never tried F11). When I reverted back to F9 it worked fine again.

You could stick to F9 then or try F11 out maybe. Or here is a TON of Betas to try F10 x6 F12B and F13a >>
    http://www.station-drivers.com/page/...a-ep45-dq6.htm

German 2 English translation of tests of each >>>

F13a info: successfully Flash ... currently me nothing negative...
    INFO: OC Quad test 450x8x2 .40B and 500x8x2 .00b ... OK F12 info: successfully Flash ... OC test OK ...

F12c info: successfully Flash ... OC test OK ...

F12b info: successfully Flash ... OC test OK ...
    INFO: lüftersteurung now "auto - enabled disabled" and "voltage - PWM" info: New q - Flash version 2. 07 info: fix Vista S3 bug F11 info: successfully geflascht ...
    INFO: The functions of the fan control have changed...

f10o info: successfully tested ...
    F10l info: successfully Flash ...
    F10k info: successfully Flash ...
    F10j info: successfully Flash ...
    INFO: a clearcmos is evt. After the flashen because some new menu to ´ s...
    BUG: in power managment collides the SIL Controller...
    Info: No JZ recommendation!
    F10d info: successfully Flash ...
    F10c info: successfully Flash ...
    F10b info: OC behavior so far OK ...
    INFO: hardware SIL controller can with individual HDD...
    INFO: hardware RAID1 test ...
    F10a info: successfully tested ... (Gsata is still in the BIOS disabled)

If you see one you like and may want to try that is not on the page listed let me know and I will see if I can find it for you... But I would personally be trying F13a first
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-07-2008 at 02:18 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information