Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte G33M-S2H BSOD

Default Gigabyte G33M-S2H BSOD

Hi

I was unable to see the bios so I sent my Gigabyte G33M-S2H motherboard back to Gigabyte and for £10.00 they sent it back fixed or so I thought.

Motherboard boots to Bios no problem but when I try to install vista or any OS I get the following error:-

Windows is loading files, flashing cursor at the bottom of the screen once bar reaches 100% the screen goes black then it either reboots on a continuous loop or I get the blue screen saying:-

Stop: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0x8afa7903, 0x86406ac8, 0x864067c4).

I have tried different permutations replacing every bit of hardware but still no success.

COMPONENTS
    • Elonex Artisan LX DELUXE Barebone - SKT775
    • Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz 1333FSB Socket 775 4MB Cache
    • OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400
    • Samsung SpinPoint HD501LJ 500GB SATAII Hard Drive 16MB Cache
    • LG GSA-H62NBAL18X SATA DVD?RW/DL/RAM - Black Bare Drive OEM
    • PowerColor Radeon HD 3650 512MB DDR2, PCI-Express 2.0, SCS3 (Silent), 2xDVI-I

Replaced every part changed the memory voltage to 2.1v tried differnt memory, hard drive, cpu, psu dvd drive without sucess.

Default Re: Gigabyte G33M-S2H BSOD

Hello,

Did you try to install you machine with the screen on the onboard chipset, configure everything and only then, reboot without screen connected. When the machine has booted, you can connect the screen to the graphics card.

That's how I did and it 's a working work around for me.

Altough on the G45M-DS2H

If you have another nicer solution I'll be happy to hear it.

Cheers,

Frédéric.

Thanks for your reply

I taken the graphics card out and I reverted to a VGA cable rather then HDMI.

So what you are saying is to connect everything (Including graphics card) configure in Bios then unplug and let it automatically boot from CD without the HDMI/VGA lead.

No not really,

Uninstall graphic card, take it out f PC

install everything with the onboard chipset except your graphic adapter

then when you're satisfied with the config, re-install the graphic card, boot without screen connected and after it has booted, connect the screen.

The motherboard boots to Bios and reconizes the hardware no problem but when I try to install vista I get the following error:-

Press boot to load from DVD, it then says Windows is loading files, flashing cursor at the bottom of the screen once bar reaches 100% the screen goes black then it either reboots so I am unable to config anything.

Thanks for all your help on this

Or I get the blue screen saying:- Stop: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0x8afa7903, 0x86406ac8, 0x864067c4).

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Try the install with only one stick of ram (Try both one at a time) you may have a faulty stick of ram

Here is MS page about Stop: 0x0000007e error >>>
    How to troubleshoot a Stop 0x0000007E error in Windows XP

Can you test this card in another machine? Do you have your SATA Settings setup properly for your install?

Thread Information