Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EX58-UD5 won't POST, infinite loop, code 88

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EX58-UD5 won't POST, infinite loop, code 88

Did you try to clear the CMOS with the above linked method? Tried with only one stick of ram yet?

2. Default Re: GA-EX58-UD5 won't POST, infinite loop, code 88

Today I received the components for my new pc.
    I have:
    GA-EX58-UD5
    Geforce 9600GT (and for testing: Geforce 6600GT)
    Kingston 6GB, KVR1333D3N9K3/6G
    Antec Sonata III Quiet Super 500W

I have never had signal to my LCD monitor. Since the first boot, I have error 88.

I've tried another graphic card (6600GT)
    I've tried 1 and 3 dimm, in different slots
    I've reset the CMOS with the button on the back
    I've reset the CMOS with the jumper (20 minutes waited)
    I've attached another Power Supply (Zalmman TruePower 450W)
    All devices are unattached.

What else can I do to make my motherboard working? Or is this definately an RMA?

3. Default Re: GA-EX58-UD5 won't POST, infinite loop, code 88

Hmm... ok, it's working now. I found the solution on another forum: I had to connect the second power supply to the motherboard :/
    *shame*.
    Didn't know that motherboards need 2 power connectors these days...

Status update:

I RMAed my board, and have used the replacement board a few days. Guess what: Today it went into a different boot loop. Bios is F3, and it gets to the POST-screen (picture thing) and it hangs on code 52 before restarting. I've tried messing around with memory modules and clearing CMOS, but it doesn't seem to help.

Anyone know of this problem and what to do? If I have to RMA again I'll rather get a refund and buy something else... :-/

Same deal here. U58 with an I7-920. Using 6 1GB Corsair ddr3's. I tried clearing the CMOS, pulled the battery, removed every part. The "88" error ALWAYS shows up no matter what. Going to go back to Microcenter tomorrow and see if I can replace the mobo. Any other suggestions?

Hi! I RMAed the board with the 88-code. The new one failed on 52 a while, until I figured the powercord wasn't properly seated in the power socket (duh... ).

My only gripe is that I can't overclock anything, it just doesn't boot other than standard frequencies.

I went a bit crazy with my RAM settings and experienced both a system freeze and cyclic reboot that I could not recover from using the handy little clear CMOS button. I recovered from the cyclic reboot using the following: unplug power supply AC cable – pull CMOS battery, pull RAM, hit case Power switch, wait a few minutes. Also unplug all external USB and eSATA drives before restarting. Maybe this will work for you.

Good luck…

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Kaizer View Post
    Hi! I RMAed the board with the 88-code. The new one failed on 52 a while, until I figured the powercord wasn't properly seated in the power socket (duh... ).

My only gripe is that I can't overclock anything, it just doesn't boot other than standard frequencies.
    i just purchased and place this EX58-UD5 motherboard with 1066 (3) OCZ memory in and i'm getting 88-code on the MB.

does 88error code mean the MB is defective? i've tried to clear cmos button, use jumper, take out battery. same thing.

Please advise!

Make sure the CPU 12V power cord is plugged in (correctly). Mine came loose at one point which causes the same error. Yellow side of the plug (hot side) goes towards the closest edge of the mobo if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by tc0nn View Post
    Make sure the CPU 12V power cord is plugged in (correctly). Mine came loose at one point which causes the same error. Yellow side of the plug (hot side) goes towards the closest edge of the mobo if I remember right.
    Power looks good though, cdrom, harddrive all comes up with power along with the motherboard, also the videocard ati 4870 powers up.
    i did try with a PCI video and same problem, blank screen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information