Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! 8gb memory issues

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Help! 8gb memory issues

Then apparently you did not load optimized defaults after the flash, then save/apply/reboot BACK to the BIOS to make all your changes again, including SATA/Disk settings.

Hotkey use was removed LONG ago, so you should not have to use it at all if you are using a newer BIOS

Crazy, dont think it was the memory causing the blue screen! I managed to catch the .sys file when it blue screened and when i looked into the error other people had the same problem, it was the vista driver for my network card! I downloaded and installed the one from the realtek site and so far no crashes! Will leave pc on through the night and if ok will put back in the 4gb and try the memory settings you gave :-]

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Then apparently you did not load optimized defaults after the flash, then save/apply/reboot BACK to the BIOS to make all your changes again, including SATA/Disk settings.

Hotkey use was removed LONG ago, so you should not have to use it at all if you are using a newer BIOS
    Ah i didnt load optimize after flash, just flashed it then made the changes u said

Glad to see you found your wireless fix! Ya, please do write down your settings and load optimized defaults and save/apply/reboot so that all needed BIOS options that you cannot access will be set properly. This is a MUST anytime you flash or build a system, as there is several settings we cannot access that without doing so will not get set properly per your CPU

Be sure you go back to the BIOS before windows and set your Disk settings again

got the fan fixed and all settings entered and running great!
    Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!

Glad to be of help, even if it was only a bit

Post back anytime if you have anymore questions or issues

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information