Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3P Will Not Power Up

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P Will Not Power Up

Hang in there. Help is on the way... ;)
    Antec Three Hundred Case, Corsair ATX-650 PS, GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 clocked to 3.2GHz, ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Cooler, G.SKILL PI Black 8GB 800, SAPPHIRE HD 4850, WD 500GB SATA w/16 MB buffer, WD 1TB SATA w/32 MB buffer, Samsung 22x DVDRW SATA, Vista Home Premium 64. CPU temp maxes at 57.

Quick answer is yes to both...

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Do you have a older or smaller GFX Card you can try with as you may need to add some voltages to run that card.

And can you test both sticks of your ram one at a time in another system so you are sure when you are trying to use one stick to test this all out that it is a good stick. DOA Sticks happen and I would hate to see you RMA a CPU and a board because of some bad ram

G.Skill is not on the QVL but works fine on your board.

You should get the board out of the case and OFF the tray and put it on a box or wooden table to be sure nothing is shorting you out. Then while you have it out you might as well reinstall the CPU as sometimes this could help if you have it misaligned or something like that. So fully remove it, check that it is in the correct direction and reinstall it

Stop stealing my answers LSD! Damn you! LOL..

Just kidding man.

Nothing is impossible... Just mathematically improbable..

"The best defense against computer viruses might not even be antivirus software, but a crafty combination of education and common sense."

Intel Pentium e5200 @ 3.8HZ (380 X 10)
    Giga-byte GA-EP35-DS3L
    Mushkin 4GB DDR2 800 @ 760MHZ 4-4-3-10 @ +0.3v
    SAPPHIRE 100245L Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
    Seagate 160GB @ 7200rpm
    SB Audigy2
    Corsair 520HX
    Super Antec Lanboy
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit RTM
    Acer AL2216Wbd 22"

Would RAM or CPU keep the power supply from kicking on? He's not getting any LED or activity at all... Ed, did you try the other ps?
    Antec Three Hundred Case, Corsair ATX-650 PS, GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 clocked to 3.2GHz, ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Cooler, G.SKILL PI Black 8GB 800, SAPPHIRE HD 4850, WD 500GB SATA w/16 MB buffer, WD 1TB SATA w/32 MB buffer, Samsung 22x DVDRW SATA, Vista Home Premium 64. CPU temp maxes at 57.

I have tried another PS, still nothing. I have pulled the RAM and switched both sticks in slot 1 but have not put it, RAM, in another box. Have NOT removed the MOBO from the case. I am doing that now. I'm a bit concerned about pulling the CPU... I only have my 'Work' box that is running. I'm also concerned about using that box as a test bed. I need it for work today. I do have a second set of memory. It is 'CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory'. I'm thinking to try those in there. Could they be damaged by a broken MOBO? Don't want to loose those 2 sticks by plugging them in a bad MOGO. Is that a posibility?

SUCCESS!!

I pulled the MOBO out of the case and she came right up to the splash screen and crying for a boot disk.

I see my mistake was not using the fiber washers that were available with the stand-offs. At least I think that is the problem. I'm going to re-assemble the MOBO in the case and hopefully it will startup again.

THANKS to everyone who provided feedback. Once again the power of community come through!

I'l post pics of the project when it's complete. I'm doing a bit of 'modding' to the case.

Once again thanks to everyone!

Might also want to be sure to not over-tighten the screws that tie down the mobo to the standoffs. On one of my older builds I got some weird issues that cleared up when I loosened them up ever so slightly.

Cool.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information