Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **** GA-EP45-UD3R FLASHING PHASE LEDs ****

Default Re: **** GA-EP45-UD3R FLASHING PHASE LEDs ****

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    K, let us know how your next board works for you
    Will most definitely report back. Also want to get your suggestions/recommendations on proper BIOS setting when I get it all hooked up.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Question Re: **** GA-EP45-UD3R FLASHING PHASE LEDs ****

Any updates?

I have the same problem.
    GA-EP43-DS3, flashing LEDs (and ticking where loudness increases over power-up time). I cannot do anything since BIOS is not starting. No beeps from the system buzzer. My motherboard has dual-bios but still - it does not start.
    Everything started with unexpected PC hanging from time to time. Hangs rate increased and finally I cannot do anything. I have tried connecting another power supply (higher max power but I believe that it has weaker electronics and the stability of voltages would be much worse) and then there are no effects of motherboard power-connecting.
    I have sent a question to Gigabyte support - but it will probably take a while to get a reply.

I ended up RMA'ing the board back in December and the new board worked. Until last month that is...... I had to send the Mobo back to Gigabyte this time once more for NO BIOS, NO Beep, No CPU Fan being energized (CPU Fan worked on other fan header).

Gigabyte sent it back to me with NO explanation on what they fixed. I sent the CPU (E-7300) back to Intel last week. Hoping to get a new CPU to give it a try. The reason for sending the CPU back? I took the Mobo to Microcenter and one of their technicians said that the CPU Fan would not energize unless the CPU is getting the power, hence defective CPU.

So I got the RMA from Intel and shipped it a few days ago. Hope the problem was CPU and I can get this working again.

I was to start my motherboard by turning the power on, waiting for some time (~20 seconds) and then "pressing" power button. Seems to be a temporary solution however there is some other issue present. This might be Gigabyte or something else. It might be related to memory (I'm using A-Data modules) which can be overclocked during startup for some reason. However flashing LEDs seems like the motherboard is restarting continuously. Currently I have a stronger power supply (Chieftec 450W instead of my previous Chieftec 420W) and the problem is gone. Seems that multiple gigabyte mainboards have that issue. By the way: the problem would be probably back it I replace by Chieftec 450W with no-name 9999W PSU - I guess that this is related to voltage/current stability or to the time after which PSU is able to give correct power since turning it on. If you experience the same problems with your motherboard - please, keep this post up-to-date and contact with gigabyte's support.
    Last edited by adderek; 08-05-2009 at 04:29 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information