Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3P Issues Installing Windows XP

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P Issues Installing Windows XP

I downloaded the R2.10 audio drivers directly from RealTek's website.

When I download and attempt to install the Intel chipset drivers, I receive the following message:

"This computer currently contains software version 9.0.0.1011, which is newer than the version you are about to install. Are you sure you want to overwrite the current software with the older version 9.0.0.1008?"

Obviously I chose not to.

I wonder how I have more recent drivers than what's available for download from Intel's website. I used the Gigabyte disk that came with the motherboard to install the chipset drivers.

I was able to solve my connectivity issues by going into the router's settings and selecting "clone my PC's MAC address" so I think that problem is considered solved at this point.

The only thing left is the inability for me to use my rear speakers even with the new R2.10 drivers installed. I'll keep searching and post if/when I'm able to find a solution.

I'm simply blown away with the performance of this machine...and I haven't even attempted to overclock yet!

I solved my audio problem. You have to set the rear speakers to "side speaker out" in the RealTek HD Audio Control Panel when using a 5.1 system. Apparently, the rear speaker out is intended to be used when you have a 7.1 system installed.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

1011 was pulled that is why, and Intel wants manufacturers to pass out chipset drivers so they dont have to is all

Hmm, about your rear speakers, do you have something plugged in up front? Ohh, sorry you got it! Great to hear it, I reply as I read! Sorry.

Thanks for the tip about that, I will keep it in mind incase anyone asks later as I only use 2 speakers so I would never know

Fuzzy and LSD
    Thanks GOBBBS for this support issue.
    Had the same pcie prob on the excact same MB.
    Used nLite to create the slip n' boot disk.
    You guys are great
    (just wish it hadn't taken all friggin weekend figger it out)
    j

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information