Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EP45-UD3R Issues

Default EP45-UD3R Issues

I'm new to the site and to GIGABYTE and well. I was reading some of the posts on here and you seem to have a vast amount of knowledge. With that knowledge, Iím hoping youíre willing to share some insight on some issues Iím currently experiencing.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Iíve just replaced my ASUS mobo due to a malfunction with a GA-EP45-UD3R. <o:p></o:p>
    Issue 1:<o:p></o:p>
    Iíve set up raid strip-0 by following the instructions on the manual. When I try to install <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Vista</st1:place>, I get to the area where I can load a driver. I click on Load Driver and then browse for my USB stick. I find my USB stick, expand it but there are no drivers to load. <o:p></o:p>
    I have properly copied and extracted the files to the USB stick as instructed. Anyone have any suggestions?<o:p></o:p>
    Note: I set up the GIGABYTE SATA2 SATA Controller raid instead of Intel Matrix raid. Does it make a difference which I use? Does one perform better than the other?<o:p> </o:p>
    Issue 2:<o:p></o:p>
    Installing <st1:place w:st="on">Vista</st1:place> is beyond slow. When I insert the disk, it takes about 5-7 minutes to get to the license agreement page, and about another 5-7 minutes to get to the page were I enter my product key. My question is, is this normal for this mobo? I just find it odd because for my previous mobo, it was an instant change between pages.<o:p></o:p>
    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.<o:p></o:p>
    Thanks!

Component Specs:<o:p></o:p>
    CPU: E6700<o:p></o:p>
    RAM: 2 GB OCZ DDR2 1150 (PC2 9200)<o:p></o:p>
    GPU: 8800GT<o:p></o:p>
    SC: X-Fi XtremeGamer<o:p></o:p>
    PSU: 550W w/Active PFC

flyfisher is offline Member

Default Re: EP45-UD3R Issues

If you have the Intel raid drivers on the USB stick and using the Gigabyte controller it will never work. The Gigabyte controller is a jmicron jmb36x chip and you need those drivers. So use the yellow Intel ports. As for slow install times, I haven't used Vista but I would think thats a function of how fast your DVD drive reads the disk. A lot of drives are really slow reading pressed DVD data disks. You might have a 20x drive but it will only read at 4x or so. Nero Diskspeed is a good tool to check your drive's read speed. But it shouldn't really be that slow. Have you installed Vista before using that drive? Was it much faster?
    Last edited by flyfisher; 12-06-2008 at 04:52 AM.

Wow I feel dumb LOL! Just put the jmicron driver on the stick and it worked. Thanks! As for my DVD drive, yes i've installed vista on it before and it was very fast but it was on my old board. I'm still trying to figure it out.

Thanks for the help!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

So you need help still? Sorry, I got a bit behind here yesterday!

If you do need help, please tell me what type of drives you have connected to what number and color slots on your board and what settings you have set in Integrated peripherals page of the BIOS (You can post a image if you like)

Thread Information