Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: coming out of sleep mode problem

Default coming out of sleep mode problem

well i just recently overclocked my q6600 to 3.2gh(400x8) with a ep45 ds3l (f9 bios). when i want it to come back on from sleep mode it sounds like it starting up, then it shuts back down, and it keeps doing this until i manually shut it off. could it be my cpu voltage is too low? its currently set at 1.3375. should i try setting it to 1.35 and see it if works? or could it be a different problem. thanks

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: coming out of sleep mode problem

Yes, it could be that or some ram settings/timings. When you flashed to F( you did load/save/apply optimized defaults and reboot back to the BIOS to make all changes again right? If not you must.

But yes, it could be your settings for sure. In order for S3 to work properly you must be 100% Stable, especially in the ram department. Have you memtested your ram overnight at the settings you are using yet? If not, please do and see if you are stable or not >>>
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

yea i ran it overnight when i was at stock speeds and iwas stable. i didnt run memtest after overclocking though lol so maybe i should try raising the vcore to 1.35 and run memtest

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, run Memtest and see how you do, if you need more vcore would be decided by Prime95 or Orthos once you are sure your ram is stable

Thread Information