Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3L + Not Posting

Default GA-EP45-DS3L + Not Posting

I've had my new computer up and running for a little under two months, didn't have any trouble getting it running at first, but now it doesn't want to pass the POST. When I power it on the CPU fan (the chassis fans did this when they were hooked up I believe) RPM varies, also the brightness of the phase LEDs on the motherboard varies(pulsing, like the power stream isn't constant). Thinking that my old and "reused" power supply maybe died on me, I pulled the thing out of my current computer and hooked it up to my old Asus A8N-SLI and 939 3700+ and everything worked flawless.

That being said, is there anything else I should check before I can determine a faulty motherboard? I have already cleared the CMOS, but the system just hangs with the fans and LEDs pulsing. Doesn't finish the POST, no beep codes or anything.

System Specs

Antec Smart Power 500w
    GA-EP45-DS3L
    E8400
    4gb(2x2) Patriot pdc24g6400llk
    XFX 8800gt512

Any input would be welcomed, as I am stumped at this point.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3L + Not Posting

Try with only one stick of ram, and for sure test this ram one by one on another system if you can to be sure it is ok

As for clearing the CMOS, how did you do it and for how long? A few seconds/minutes may not get it done, here is my suggested method in Post #2 >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Aside from that I woudl test it out of the case, off the motherboard tray on a box or wooden table with bare minimum. That would be CPU/Heatsink (Might as well reseat this while you have it out) one stick of ram, and your GFX card. That is it, no extras or Drives at all and see if it starts. If it does, start adding things back one at a time until you find the culprit. Bad CD/DVD drives and Hard drives can cause similar issues.

You do have a case speaker connected right? Just ask cause you said no beeps, and some people have not knew in the past that you needed a case speaker to hear error beeps. So I just have to ask

Thanks for such a helpful and speedy reply.

I did try each stick of ram in the "ddr2_1" slot, same problem. I had originally cleared the CMOS using my motherboards manuals instructions, and I also tried your method without removing the battery and let it sit for the full 20 min, same problem. I then removed everything from the system sound card, drive data cables, etc. When all was said and done I had only the CPU+heatsink, 24pin power lead, 4pin atx 12v lead, GFX card+6pin power lead, ram, and the front panel power, reset, and speaker(lolz xD) connecters installed. Same problem(I even tried my old and still working 7900gt). The only things I haven't tried yet is reseating the CPU HSF and running the motherboard on standoffs on wood, considering the CPU HSF and motherboard installation was working for weeks I highly doubt there would be a short.

I am by no means an expert, but to me it would seem the only logical explanation would be my motherboard died on me. I wasn't screwing around with it flashing a new bios, or overclocking, after a solid month of gaming one morning it just didn't want to pass the post. If my CPU died would I get a beep code? I have no other CPU to test that.

After two and a half hours I am exactly where I started, best hobby ever.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Try my method, fully and see if it helps.

If not, Let me know and I can send you a link you can try that has helped MANY before you decide to RMA

YA, a CPU Dead would give a error likely... But I am not sure as I have never seen a dead CPU myself in years and I doubt this is your issue at all.

Thread Information