Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3-Problems running in dual channel.

Default Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3-Problems running in dual channel.

Alright, here's my problem. When I have ram in the number 1 and 2 (yellow dimms) or 3 and 4 (red dimms) slots the computer will turn on but will only give me a black screen; or it will boot fine running 1066 and then BSOD after being on for awhile. However, when I switch the ram to slots 1 and 3 (yellow plus red dim) or 2 and 4 it boots just fine and runs extremely stable. I wouldn't complain but it is not running in dual channel mode nor able to run at 1066. Which leads to noticeable performance loss. I have played with different bios revisions, F4 to F7f and I have had the same results. I though it was the ram (memtest86 ran fine for 24 hours) and I tested it on a 680i and it was rock solid for days on end. I even used 4, one gb dimms of 800 gskill, once again if i had the ram is dual channel slots it wouldn't boot, or would crash. I have also played with voltages and timings and to no help. I also tested my Phenom 9600 BE on another motherboard and it was just fine. Finally I thought it may have been heat, or the like, so I replaced the Northbridge heatsink and it never gets above 38C. So i guess my question is, is it time to replace the motherboard or is there something I'm missing?

System:
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 rev. 1.0
    RAM: 4gb (2 dimms) Gskill DDR2 1066, timings: 5.5.5.15 2.1v
    Processor: Phenom 9600 BE
    GPU: 9800gx2: originally a HD3870
    PSU: Thermaltake 650w Toughpower (12v1 18a, 12v2 18a, 12v3 18a, 12v4 18a: Total 72a)
    Sound: Audigy ZS2
    Last edited by mpfi330; 12-07-2008 at 09:14 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3-Problems running in dual channel.

What are you using for trfc? You may want to set 195 or 327 if you have not tried that already

And do you have Ganged set? I dont know much about AMD So I may not be of much help, I can link you to some Forums that have AMD Sections if you would like and no one esle replies to help you here.

Thread Information