Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA EP45T -DS3R not posting

Default GA EP45T -DS3R not posting

I just now built the system and it wont post. There is nothing comming up on screen and no beep sound when starting...

All the 5 phase led's are on.

Build
    EP45T-D3SR
    Intel Q9300
    OCZ Gold 2Gb ram
    evga 9500 gt video card

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA EP45T -DS3R not posting

Those LED's should be on

Try one stick of ram in slot one? Do you have any other DDR3 to use as some OCZ will not post at 1.5V

I tried with one stick in all the four slots but got the same result and do not have any other RAMS. The voltage specified in OCZ is 1.7v. As you said this might be the issue. Let me go back to store to get a different RAM with 1.5V.

But also there is no beep sound when I power on the board.

thanks for your reply

Do you have a case speaker installed? If not then you would not hear any beeps.

Well some 1.7-1.9V will post at 1.5, some will not for sure.

VorLonUK could for sure let you know all about this issue. He may be able to even suggest to you which specific models he knows for sure will boot as he had similar issues in the past and got in touch with OCZ and got things worked out. So you may want to PM him first unless you think you can for sure get some 1.5V easy >>>
    TweakTown Forums - View Profile: VorLonUK

I have the board up and running now... Made the most fundamental of blunders.... Did connect the 12V power to the board, the one next to the cpu. I thought there was just one power going into the board. Plugged it in and WALLA... it booted

Anways the board is up now. Installed the OS and everything looks good.

Do you suggest I flash the BIOS with the latest update now or wait for an issue to arise to flash it.

Since the system is running fine now do I still need to change the memory timings in the bios?

Happens often, dont feel bad! I would ask more often about the ATX 12V 8/4pin but when I do I often get asked if I think people are stupid... So needless to say I often do not ask

You can for sure leave things as is since you are up and running if you like.

Thread Information