Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte Face Wizard

Default Re: Gigabyte Face Wizard

I'm updating to the latest BIOS right now f3f. My board revision is 2.0

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

All updates are installed. Its a clean install of windows, but I'll double check from the .Net Framework.

Also the latest I see is this on Gigabytes site

GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-M61PME-S2 (rev. 2.0)

Let me know if I got the wrong one.

Thanks
    Last edited by Tech-Geek.net; 12-09-2008 at 03:37 PM.

Silly Question.

What software are you using to unpack/repack the BIOS to add images etc. The only one I can find is on awdbedit on Source Forge.

Ahh I see that the problem is! Your BIOS files are only 512KB, that program is made to work with the 1MB BIOS files of the newer boards.

So that program will never work for you!

Hold up a sec and I will see what I can make for you with something else.

AwdHack, Cbrom, modbin, and a few other DOS based utilities aside from the one you mentioned as well.

I just opened your BIOS and it does not have a fullscreen image, so the only thing you would be able to change is the EPA logo anyway

*EDIT*

Found it, it is in the MCP61-02.ROM file, but I would not feel comfortable modding that for you.

I would advise you get the above mentioned apps and try that way. Cbrom and awdhack would be the way to do it

A dead board is not worth all this trouble, I can tell you that!
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-09-2008 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ahh I see that the problem is! Your BIOS files are only 512KB, that program is made to work with the 1MB BIOS files of the newer boards.

That explains it, I'm not nuts. I'm crazy but not nuts. Thats good to know. I can proably make a pretty sharp image if if it will take 50KB it might repeat on the screen but I can live with that.

Default Just Hacking Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

AwardHack, Cbrom, modbin, and a few other DOS based utilities aside from the one you mentioned as well.

I just opened your BIOS and it does not have a fullscreen image, so the only thing you would be able to change is the EPA logo anyway
    I just flashed my BIOS to the new version so I got rid of the splash. According to cbrom6 I have 16kb of compressed compressed code space free if I'm reading that correctly as open memory. If I had saved my old BIOS first could I have seen how much space the splash logo was taking up, location, etc and then used a tool like this to replace that crap image I loaded with Face Wizard to something better?

Aside from the size, I just dont think that program is made to work with those BIOS files from 512 BIOS chip boards

Default Thanks

Well I think we can call this done. Its after 3am I have to be at work in 4 hours and I'm tired as hell. At least flashing the bios gets rid of that crappy little image that Face Wizard would load.

Thank you for all your help. At least I KNOW now what is going on. Knowing is half the battle... GI Joe... ok must sleep
    Last edited by Tech-Geek.net; 12-09-2008 at 04:13 PM.

Sorry I could not be of real help, and that it took me a while to realize this as well!

At least your board survived, BIOS surgery is not for the faint of heart! So if you are up to it, it can be done with the above mentioned apps just read up on how they work if you feel like risking it

Good luck, and get ya some sleep

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information