Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GigaByte GA-X48-DQ6 Voltage / Vdroop problem

Default Re: GigaByte GA-X48-DQ6 Voltage / Vdroop problem

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Here would be optimal settings for your setup to overclock to what you have, and more >>>

Code:
    Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto or Fast]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [9] 
    Fine Clock Ratio ____________[Disabled with the latest Bios ( 8A ? )] ?? I say too! ??  Maybe you should go back and not use a Beta BIOS

CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [423] 
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00B or 2.00D]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ 5
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 5
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______5
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 15

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3-4
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 3-6
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 4-6
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 52-62
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3-5
    Static tRead Value_______________ 6/7-10
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto] << Always Auto

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
    CPU Clock Skew Control [normal] 50 may help
    GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal] << 50-150 may help with stability

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.05V] << Way to much  Your ram is rated (Warrantied) for 1.8V-1.9V.  I would use 1.9V-2.0, What you have +0.5 = 2.3V 
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.00V] << +0.1 for stability 
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.00V] << +0.1-0.15/0.2 for stability
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.00V] << +0.2-0.3 for 2x2GB ram
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.36875] (1.25-1.34 ACTUAL Should get you 4Ghz)

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled] 
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Enabled] << DISABLED
    Virtualization Technology................: [Enabled] Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC

Integrated Peripherals
    Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB
    Thanks for the post, ill edit it!
    And btw, it's 0,05 not 0,5 volt added to the ram ;)
    And i ment 7A, which is the latest Stable Bios :)

Again, thanks for the reply's much appreciated!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well F7A is a beta, any BIOS with a letter is beta just so you know

Ahh, .05 ok! Well you may be ok with that, but if you get errors use +0.1 or +0.15

Well F7A is a beta, any BIOS with a letter is beta just so you know

Ahh, .05 ok! Well you may be ok with that, but if you get errors use +0.1 or +0.15
    Currently running on 3,8ghz still.
    It's doing ok i guess, but with 5 tests at Intelburntest the last one of the 5 tests failed.

Orthos failed after round about 10/15min.
    Tried 4,0ghz with effective 1,34volt under load but it's to little, getting errors straight away.

About the BIOS, im running is ( Final try, now it's good :D )
    <TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" bgColor=#c8c8c8 border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD bgColor=#ffffff>F7</TD><TD bgColor=#ffffff>2008/07/18</TD><TD align=left bgColor=#ffffff>
    1. Support DES Advanced
    2. Update CPU microcode(Support Intel Wolfdale/Yorkfield E0-stepping CPU)
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    You reckon potentially going back to "6" might solve certain things?
    My budget isnt currently what it should be ( sunday birthday tho, cash!! ) but could a Proper PSU change anything? the other voltages shown by cpu-z and speedfan are all dodgy, low +12 line etc.

Greetings!

Minor EDIT

I'm still wondering if there is any reason why the automatic voltages with overclocks are so high, people might have looked over it but how is the automatic "done"?
    As in, based on pregiven information or actual information about the System?

I can amagine people not noticing it, or thinking it's fine while they are running 1,55+- Volt on their Vcore ruining it bad...
    Last edited by thijsz0r; 12-11-2008 at 08:44 PM.

Ahh, I see F7 is final now! Ok

Well F6 may or may not help, your chip may just be a volt hungry one? Some are like that have you tried more like 1.35 actual?

What does Easytune, or Everest Ultimate, or PC health section of your BIOS say about your voltages? I do not trust Speedfan at all when it comes to that, and CPU-z does not show any voltages except your vcore so I am not sure what you meant by that

A good PSU Could help, but I am not so sure your one you have now is to blame for anything. What is it anyway?

Some chips do need way more then others, I have seen 4Ghz done with 1.14 on some, and others have needed 1.36+. It is all luck of the draw what CPU you get and how good it scales with voltages.

I am not exactly sure how Auto voltages are programmed into the BIOS/Boards, but I do know they are acceptable for minor overclocks but I would never use them after seeing how high they can go without cause

Ahh, I see F7 is final now! Ok

Well F6 may or may not help, your chip may just be a volt hungry one? Some are like that have you tried more like 1.35 actual?

What does Easytune, or Everest Ultimate, or PC health section of your BIOS say about your voltages? I do not trust Speedfan at all when it comes to that, and CPU-z does not show any voltages except your vcore so I am not sure what you meant by that

A good PSU Could help, but I am not so sure your one you have now is to blame for anything. What is it anyway?

Some chips do need way more then others, I have seen 4Ghz done with 1.14 on some, and others have needed 1.36+. It is all luck of the draw what CPU you get and how good it scales with voltages.

I am not exactly sure how Auto voltages are programmed into the BIOS/Boards, but I do know they are acceptable for minor overclocks but I would never use them after seeing how high they can go without cause
    Thanks for your reply once more :) , when i get back home ill post the results with Easytune / Everest Ultimate.

My current PSU is a Emininent EM3900 Pro series 550WATT , A new PSU is on my "upgrade" list together with a sparkling new case

About the random factor concerning the Vcore, With 1,408 Vcore under load ( ill double check that voltage with everest ultimate oid.) ( 1,44+- Bios ) im running 4,0ghz fairly stable. But im concerned if this might kill my cpu, due to the fact many dont recommend it ( plan is to use it for 24/7 computer usage)

And yeah, the Auto Voltage part is something i trusted for a few weeks even with 3,6ghz but no idea how high it actually put the Vcore, way to high aswell i reckon :)

For now, thanks for the kind help & information!

Ya, Auto vcore I dont think is the worst one although I have never used it to see. I do know at 4Ghz Auto will put PLL to 1.9 and Vtt to 1.8!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information