Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P45T-DS3R with FSB @ 400mhz

Default Re: P45T-DS3R with FSB @ 400mhz

Thanks, Lsdmeasap. I'll give the Beta a shot as I'm having no luck otherwise. So far, everything I've tried still fails to get me past ~175 while still remaining stable. Since I've tried underclocking both the CPU and the RAM, I guessing that it is the Mobo that is giving me trouble. If all else fails I'll starting hunting for a new one, any thoughts? I've come to prefer Gigabyte boards but their collection of LGA775 boards that support DDR3 seem a bit sparse.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

The lack of BIOS updates makes me nervous now but the UD3P version of the p45 does look nice. Two questions:

1: Given that the GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-UD3P takes more and faster RAM, is it reasonable to assume that its FSB will be a bit more meaty than my current board?

2: Is it safe to assume that my current board is the issue given that Prime95 is cranking out errors instantly when I have the FSB @ 400, even though the CPU and RAM are underclocked, and I have applied your suggestions of lower timings and higher voltages (plus am now using the beta BIOS)?

And again, thank you. I would have been troubleshooting blind without your help.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya P35 and P45 DDR3 boards do seem to get left behind, likely not as much customers is why

Well it is the same chipset, but it does have all that copper inside the board PCB, so it may

FSB of 400 is not underclocked at all, and those issues you see could be any number of incorrect voltages still or yes the Beta BIOS

Do you have errors at stock? Have you tested this ram one by one at stock yet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information