Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have a ? about revision version for EP45-UD3R 1.x

Default Re: I have a ? about revision version for EP45-UD3R 1.x

Quote Originally Posted by powergiga View Post
    oh did you have 1.0 before ? how was 1.1 after you setup ? did you notice anything new for 1.1 at all from old 1.0 ?

Look like 1.0 is bad board and gigabyte slience release new 1.1 from now on.

pg
    Although I have had a problem with the Rev 1.0 board and had to return for replacement, I think it would be too presumptious to call the Rev 1.0 the BAD board. I like to think that my stupidity along with my lack of Board knowledge contributed to the failure of the setup, although the Gigabyte Tech concurred the BOARD appeared to be a defective one.

I did notice that the Rev 1.1 board looked slightly different. First, I noticed a smaller Heat sink and a different color heat pipe. Also, it had a "plug or cap" for the internal 1394 header. And the back on-board ports looks slightly different than Rev.1.0.

I will take a picture of the board tonight before I put into the case and post it here as a follow up. Assuming you already assembled it and fire the sucker up, did you notice what version of the BIOS was on the shipped Rev. 1.1 ??

I have not set up the machine as of last night, but I will be tonight when I get home. I am taking step-by-step approach, reading everything in instruction manual as well as the recommendations from the future Senator from Illinois. I cannot deviate from the Congressional mandate.... Ha ha.... (See my other post where I nominated LSEMEASAP for the Obama's vacant Senante seat...)
    Last edited by khfactor; 12-12-2008 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khfactor View Post
    Although I have had a problem with the Rev 1.0 board and had to return for replacement, I think it would be too presumptious to call the Rev 1.0 the BAD board. I like to think that my stupidity along with my lack of Board knowledge contributed to the failure of the setup, although the Gigabyte Tech concurred the BOARD appeared to be a defective one.

I did notice that the Rev 1.1 board looked slightly different. First, I noticed a smaller Heat sink and a different color heat pipe. Also, it had a "plug or cap" for the internal 1394 header. And the back on-board ports looks slightly different than Rev.1.0.

I will take a picture of the board tonight before I put into the case and post it here as a follow up. Assuming you already assembled it and fire the sucker up, did you notice what version of the BIOS was on the shipped Rev. 1.1 ??

I have not set up the machine as of last night, but I will be tonight when I get home. I am taking step-by-step approach, reading everything in instruction manual as well as the recommendations from the future Senator from Illinois. I cannot deviate from the Congressional mandate.... Ha ha.... (See my other post where I nominated LSEMEASAP for the Obama's vacant Senante seat...)
    The board came with rev 1.1 and F4 bios already, I notice the rev 1.0 have lots of issues from other users reports, I guess mine rev 1.1 works flawless

I didn't try flash new bios F5 recently posted at sticky but if ain't broke it, don't flash it.

pg
    Last edited by powergiga; 12-13-2008 at 05:00 AM. Reason: edited
    GA-EP45-UD3R REV 1.1 BIOS F11 (stay away F10F)
    New Intel Pentium E6500 9x500 FSB=4.5 GHz on air
    G
    .SKILL PI BLK 2x2GB DDR2 800 1.8-1.9v CL4 @5.5.5.15 500 MHZ
    MSI GTX 260 OC 620/1080/1296 (192 SP)
    PSU BFG TECH GS-550W (DUAL+12V RAILS 18A EACH.)
    Windows 7 64bit build 7600

Anyone with a quad-core CPU? Do you hear a high-pitch noise from around the CPU socket when at 100% load (Prime95 or IntelBurnTest). I have not tested a UD3R but on the UD3P, the noise is very bad. I wonder if they fixed this on rev 1.1 boards or if this problem didn't exist on any UD3R boards.

Quote Originally Posted by powergiga View Post
    The board came with rev 1.1 and F4 bios already, I notice the rev 1.0 have lots of issues from other users reports, I guess mine rev 1.1 works flawless

I didn't try flash new bios F5 recently posted at sticky but if ain't broke it, don't flash it.
    pg
    Mine was still F3 BIOS.

When I try to install WinXP pro, I get this error message. I enabled/diabled both Intel AHCI and Gigabyte version of AHCI at the top and down in the bottom, but it did not matter. I get this BSOD.

What I am doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by khfactor View Post
    Mine was still F3 BIOS.

When I try to install WinXP pro, I get this error message. I enabled/diabled both Intel AHCI and Gigabyte version of AHCI at the top and down in the bottom, but it did not matter. I get this BSOD.

What I am doing wrong?

1. Try using only 1 stick of ram, video card, 1 hard drive and 1 cd/dvd drive nothing else.

2. boot-up into bios to load defaults then save to exit. Do not overclock anything just yet while setup xp.

3. after setup xp pro done then, you can add any devices one at a time till all stable.

4. Do your thing overclock last.

5. if not help, try flash bios F4 if problem go away.

hope it help
    Last edited by powergiga; 12-14-2008 at 09:12 AM. Reason: edited
    GA-EP45-UD3R REV 1.1 BIOS F11 (stay away F10F)
    New Intel Pentium E6500 9x500 FSB=4.5 GHz on air
    G
    .SKILL PI BLK 2x2GB DDR2 800 1.8-1.9v CL4 @5.5.5.15 500 MHZ
    MSI GTX 260 OC 620/1080/1296 (192 SP)
    PSU BFG TECH GS-550W (DUAL+12V RAILS 18A EACH.)
    Windows 7 64bit build 7600

khfactor after a real quick look around with Google my best guess is that you are trying to use a pre SP2 version of XP that does not support the features you require with your setup (likely issuses with PCI express).
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg View Post
    khfactor after a real quick look around with Google my best guess is that you are trying to use a pre SP2 version of XP that does not support the features you require with your setup (likely issuses with PCI express).
    Thanks for a quick reply. Yes, I just did some serious Googling and discover that I needed a WinXP + SP-2 slipstreamed CD to make this go away. It turned out to be the SP-2 CD thing.

I followed the instruction EXACTLY here and was able to create the new WinXP + SP2 bootable CD disk. Hopefully the dreaded PCI.sys error will go away.

Here is the link....

Slipstreamed Windows XP CD Using SP2

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Lets see those heatpipe pics!! Comparison pics would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Lets see those heatpipe pics!! Comparison pics would be great!
    I forgot to take the picture of the BOARD before I installed it in the case. But then I realized that I said I was going to take some pictures. So I took couple of pics wiht the BOARD inside the case. I will go home tonight and post them here. I do not know if you can make out the BLUE heat sink in the picture, but that is the HEATSINK that was different from the Rev 1.0.

As for the heatpipe color ? It turned out to be the same as Rev 1.0. My oversight on this one...

Anyway, I will get the pics posted tonight.

P.S.: Thanks for all your help and others, my system was completed last night and is running stable. My kid is "happy" now that he can go back to his video game and shoot up some "alien zombies".

BTW, I do not know why my Rev 1.1 board did not come with the F4 BIOS like the other guy's board. It still had the F3 BIOS. But I am heeding well practiced advices of "If it ain't broken, don't fix it" and leaving the F3 BIOS alone.

Thank you "Senator Lsdmeasap" form Illinois.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information