Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: sound?+ga-ep45-ud3p

Default sound?+ga-ep45-ud3p

just built a rig and having some trouble getting the sound to my sony lcd tv.

ga-ep45-ud3p
    powercolor hd4830 pcie

i tried to output the sound from the hdmi on the video card that didnt work (even though its supposed to support 7.1) so i figured i would go with the onboard sound from the mobo. i cant get that sound to come out either... it shows me plugging something in to the side speaker out when i plug my cable in but then no sound... any ideas? cant get system sounds or avi movie sound... im stumped.

sorry if this sounds confusing, but i just tried to give enough info to be an answerable post.

thanks for reading.

Default Re: sound?+ga-ep45-ud3p

did you install the drivers for the onboard sound?

also make sure its enabled in bios

SpeedEuphoria: thanks for the suggestions.. I wasn't aware of that option in the BIOS.. I will look for it.. and the RealTek HD drivers are loaded. Will post my results later tonight. Thank you.

Yeah its called "Azalia Codec" in bios, it should be enabled by default

checked out the codec in the bios and its set to auto. drivers are installed.... not really sure what else i can possibly check sort of at a loss...

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

What do you have set as default in control panel, sounds? Do you have all windows updates and Intel Chipset drivers installed?

Default Re: sound?+ga-ep45-ud3p+now computer wont stay on!!

i was so excited, i ended up getting the drivers from gigabytes site and reloaded rebooted and viola the sound was working... THEN i took my pc back to the living room to plug it into the tv... sound was no longer working so i figured it was probably something to do with the inputs on the tv. Shortly after turning the pc back on it started spontaneously rebooting. I though maybe one of my power cables was touching my processor fan or something so i opened the box looked around everything seemed to look okay. So I went to the event log to have a look and while i was checking i got a crash dump hardware failure followed by another reboot. vista has a memory checker so i am running that now.

i am freaking out now wtf happened!?!? I wanted my sound to work and now my pc is not working. frustration level is off the charts. I cant keep this thing on for more than a couple of minutes. any ideas anyone? btw i put artic silver V on the cpu before seating the HSF. i reloaded the optimized defaults just to see what happened but no dice.

EDIT:

Not really sure what part of the process of updating the audio drivers would cause that sort of instability but I reformatted and for the time being my issues seem to be resolved??
    Last edited by ph0neman; 12-13-2008 at 10:54 AM. Reason: update

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Hmm, Well at least in the end you got it!

Maybe you bumped something loose? Fixed by a clean install, wouldn't be the first time

Thread Information