Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: A few issues with new EP45_UD3P install

Default A few issues with new EP45_UD3P install

I just installed gigabyte's EP45-UD3P with Corsair Dominator pc2-8500 (2x2gb), E6600, WD 6401AALS, Evga 9600GT - Vista Ultimate 64.

(1) I cannot get the "IDE Channel 0 Master" to "NONE" in the standard CMOS. If I set it to NONE it will not boot to OS even with First Boot Drive set to HHD in Advance BIOS. Boots fine if the IDE CHANNEL 0 Master is "auto" and lists the Drive. Any help or ideas why?

(2) In preparation for the Vista install I setup USB Flash (FAT 32) with the Intel ACHI drivers (64 bit) . When I got to Drivers screen it identified the USB device and I highlighted the correct driver. However, right after the driver loaded I got a error and Vista shut down. Next attempt could see the USB device but blank screen (no drivers appeared). Got through it by selecting an Intel ICH10r driver from the "non supported" list that had the same name. Any ideas what could of happen. I followed closely the EP45-UD3P manual for the process and was surprised at the turn of events. Attempted to load the driver via USB 3 times before accepting the "unsupported list".

Thanks to all for assistance.

Default UD3P install issues

UD3P Q-flashed to 7a with: E6600, Dominator 8500 (2x2gb) evga 9600GT, WD 6401AALS (new not formatted), Samsung SH-S223Q DVD SATA Vista 64 Ultimate.

(1) Cannot get IDE Channel 0 Master to "none" in Standard CMOS. Will not find OS even with First Boot Device set to HHD in Advance BIOS. If I allow "Auto" and it lists the HD it boots to Vista. Any ideas or help?

(2) In preparation for the install set up a USB Flash (Fat32) with the Intel ACHI 64 drivers as instructed in the user manual. When Vista got to the diver request screen (Like the F6) I selected drivers and it identified the USB device and I could select the driver, saw the load status but the next screen Vista stopped and "didn't write the error msg" and I had to reset. Next attempt, USB identified but no drivers displayed - tried three times no luck. Got through it by selecting a ICH10R SATA ACHI from the non-supported list (don't even know if it was a 64 driver) but the install went forward albeit quite SLOW - samsung SATA dvd. Any thoughts on why this happen? Vista 64 is running. Haven't tweak BIOS yet starting at the Standard CMOS, see No. 1 above).

Thanks for any assistance.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: UD3P install issues

Did you move your hard drive to the top of Hard Drive Boot Priority in Advanced BIOS page?
    What do you have set in the BIOS for integrated peripherals and what ports do you have your drives plugged into? These things matter very much when it comes to installing and getting things going

I merged your posts, since they are the same

If you need help with Integrated Peripherals page and your Ports you install drives to let me know
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-12-2008 at 01:45 PM.

Default Re: A few issues with new EP45_UD3P install

Thank you for the help!

Did you move your hard drive to the top of Hard Drive Boot Priority in Advanced BIOS page?

Two items currently listed (Note that in Standard Bios Channel 0 = Auto)
    1. CHO M. : WDC WD 6401AALS 00L3B2 (my HDD)
    2. Bootable Add-in Cards ( ? )

When I set IDE Channel0/1 Master to NONE I lose item 1. above

what ports do you have your drives plugged into

Drives are plugged into SATA2 0 & SATA2 4 Yellow (not the GSATA2 0/1 purple) (I used 0 & 4 because I have two other HHD's that were intentionally NOT CONNECTED for the initial Install. They are now connected to SATA2 1 & SATA2 2 Yellow

What do you have set in the BIOS for integrated peripherals and what ports do you have your drives plugged into? These things matter very much when it comes to installing and getting things going

Here's my Integrated Peripherals Settings:

SATA Raid/ACHI mode = Disabled (but want ACHI)
    Sata Port0-3 Native = Enabled
    Azalia Codec = Auto
    Onboard H/W 1394 = Enabled
    " Lan 1 = Enabled
    " Lan 2 = Enabled
    Green Lan = Disabled
    Smart Lan1 = Press enter
    " Lan2 = Press Enter
    Onboard Lan1 Boot Rom = Disabled
    " Lan2 " " = Disabled
    Onboard SATA/IDE Device = Enabled
    " " CTRL Mode = IDE
    Onboard Serial Port = Disabled
    " Parallel Port = Disabled
    USB 1.0 Controller = Enabled
    " 2.0 " = Enabled
    USB Keyboard = Disabled
    USB Mouse = Disabled
    USB Storage = Enabled

If you need help with Integrated Peripherals page and your Ports you install drives to let me know

Yes, very much ! and thanks again
    Last edited by edlo; 12-12-2008 at 11:45 PM.

OK well leave your standard CMOS as is for now, and be sure in advanced BIOS page "Hard Disk Boot Priority" you have your OS drive at the top of the list

So, if only two drives now right? Then place them in SATA2 0 and 1 on the Yellow ports. If you did install your OS with the correct driver you can just switch your settings to AHCI, if not you will have to reinstall your OS or use a workaround

SATA Raid/ACHI mode = Disabled (but want ACHI) << Set to AHCI if you installed the correct driver, if not you will have to reinstall your OS or try a workaround like this >>>
    How to enable AHCI : Windows XP Expertester
    Enabling AHCI after Windows install - XtremeSystems Forums
    HOWTO: enable AHCI mode after installing Windows - PC Perspective Forums
    Enabling SATA mode to AHCI after XP Install (applicable to most laptops, or systems) - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion

Sata Port0-3 Native = Enabled

Onboard SATA/IDE Device = Enabled <<< These can be disabled unless you are using a IDE drive or something else connected to the Purple ports
    " " CTRL Mode = IDE

OK well leave your standard CMOS as is for now, and be sure in advanced BIOS page "Hard Disk Boot Priority" you have your OS drive at the top of the list

OK, the OS drive is at the top, I still would like to be able to use "none" in my CMOS for this drive, if possible.

So, if only two drives now right? Then place them in SATA2 0 and 1 on the Yellow ports. If you did install your OS with the correct driver you can just switch your settings to AHCI, if not you will have to reinstall your OS or use a workaround

I have 3 HDD's (only the OS drive connected during initial installation) but after installation all are connected - so my HHD's are in ports SATA2 0,1 & 2. Samsumd DVD is in SATA2 3 port (all yellow). I tried changing to ACHI but Vista will not load, had to go back to "DISABLED". I'll leave it there and not reinstall.

Sata Port0-3 Native = Enabled - Yes, enabled

Onboard SATA/IDE Device = Enabled <<< These can be disabled unless you are using a IDE drive or something else connected to the Purple ports
    " " CTRL Mode = IDE

Right, disabled now.

Any thoughts on the CMOS and having to use "auto"

As always, thank you

When you set IDE Channel master/slave to NONE it means that the system will not use it. This for the SATA drives.

Paul

Bump - per lsdmeasap instructions

I Have ALL of mine on NONE, and NONE Auto and use 5 SATA Drives >>>

Ya, Switching to AHCI after the install wont work without using a workaround so leave that as you had it. I would put your DVD drive on the last SATA port on your Yellow controller, or move it to the Purple one and enable that controller

Thread Information