Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3P + E8500 + 8gig (4x2g Muskin) ram overclocking help

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P + E8500 + 8gig (4x2g Muskin) ram overclocking help

Can you still hit those 3.5GHz? Maybe your PSU was damaged then. Sunbeam/Tuniq isn't exactly know for making good PSUs.
    If you can still hit those 3.5Ghz then post the settings please. If not, then I'm 99% sure something died within your PSU since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel020 View Post
    Can you still hit those 3.5GHz? Maybe your PSU was damaged then. Sunbeam/Tuniq isn't exactly know for making good PSUs.
    If you can still hit those 3.5Ghz then post the settings please. If not, then I'm 99% sure something died within your PSU since then.
    The problem is I don't exactly remember the settings. I will see if I can figure it out but it was sort of just screwing around with changing numbers. I'll post back asap. And I seriously hope it wasn't the psu since I have a $40 rebate on it which would probably make returning/RMA'ing difficult if not impossible.

Phew! First time and I got lucky with remembering what I did. So I'm at 3.515GHz right now typing this out. I only changed a couple settings. And now I can't remember what they are! I'll have to reboot and write them down, thought I could have remembered them. I can tell you I kept the CPU voltage stock (auto), raised the dram voltage to 2.1 just to be safe (I'm sure it doesn't need to be much over 1.8). I'll be right back.

Only settings I changed:

CPU Host Frequency 370Mhz

MCH latch 333Mhz

System Memory mult 2.40B
    1066 888

so clearly the cpu is not the cause of the issues...

Try running this for a bit in Prime 95 a bit please (30 minutes minimum).

Is orthos acceptable? I've run it for ~10min before at this level.

kick is offline Senior Member

the 45 ud3 motherboards let you save up to 8 bios settings to load at bios screen.
    Once you get one that works above the optimised defaults ,you may as well save it.
    Then you can work up from that.
    If you have a reasonable 500w + psu you shouldnt need anything higher uless you are running 4-5 hdds 7 fans loads of leds etc..Just remember to compensate for any vdroop on cpu or memory..,utilities like speedfan or cpu z will show you your psu v droop.
    Temps will also increase once you put the cover back on,especially if you are using dust(cigarette smoke) filters.
    Once you have some good settings saved work things up a bit more.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep45...e-union-30443/
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

So I ran 2 instances of Orthos (4 threads even though I only have a dual core) for 40min with no errors.

Quote Originally Posted by kick View Post
    the 45 ud3 motherboards let you save up to 8 bios settings to load at bios screen.
    Once you get one that works above the optimised defaults ,you may as well save it.
    Then you can work up from that.
    If you have a reasonable 500w + psu you shouldnt need anything higher uless you are running 4-5 hdds 7 fans loads of leds etc..Just remember to compensate for any vdroop on cpu or memory..,utilities like speedfan or cpu z will show you your psu v droop.
    Temps will also increase once you put the cover back on,especially if you are using dust(cigarette smoke) filters.
    Once you have some good settings saved work things up a bit more.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep45...e-union-30443/

So I have done all of this with the case cover on behind my desk so no issues there. I did not know you could save multiple bios settings, that's awesome because when I was just messing around and got a stable boot I'd like to keep it to tweak later and hopefully lower voltages/tighten timings.

I only have a single HD and single DVD drive, and a 4870 512meg video card. Nothing else is installed other than some case fans so it's pretty minimal. I have a Kill-a-watt but can't find it to see what my wall draw is but I'm guessing it is easily below 400w and probably closer to 300. Thanks for the post.

Orthos is based on Prime, so it's fine.

You didn't change the Vcore for this? What Vcore does CPU-Z show? Please post a screenshot of the voltages in Easytune 6 (Tuner > Voltages >Advance). If you leave settings on Auto while overclocking them the BIOS will automatically increase them.

In the meantime try to set CPU termination and CPU PLL to their stock values manually and see if the system is still stable.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information