Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EX58-UD5 problem...Please Help

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EX58-UD5 problem...Please Help

????

F3 and above would support the 920 CPU, basically all BIOS's would support the 920. There would not be a new BIOS release that would not support it

I have a Core i7 965 processor. I called Gigabyte earlier today and found out that the A7 debug code means "id sectors error" I have no idea what the problem is and will probably just RMA the board. Hopefully the next one I get works.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    So did you then ask what ID Sector error means?
    I did and all the guy told me was that something was not working correctly (like I didn't know that already). He didn't mention what may not be working but just said that something is not working correctly.

ID sector could sound like an Unidentified CPU, so the board just halts. Although Sector sounds like the Hard drive and we know that GB use an Hard Drive HPA for their virtual dual bios.

Whatever it is, it's halting the system before the Graphics card can be initialised.

Are there any different ie stepping/revision 920 CPU's out there? Seems crazy releasing an updated bios that is targeted for 920 use, when the 920 CPU is the bread and butter entry level Core i7 at present.

Have you looked at say neweggs customer feedback on the board, just so you might glean some more info?
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Funny they seem to know what it is, but wont tell you what that would be! I am sure ID Sector is something specific and he knows it. Not like it could be "Your CPU or your DVD Player"? Seems silly he would tell you, then not say what it means.

Maybe he just does not know and that is a reply just to get you to to think he knows!

Ya VorLon, Sounds silly doesn't it!!!! No, so far there is only one revision on the CPU's

So I guess there may be some boards out that have less then F3 BIOS. But ya, I am sure like you say all that have F3 or above are Compatible with the 920 for sure >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - FAQ - GA-EX58-UD5 (rev. 1.0)

Hi...

I am using a GA-EX58 Extreme on a i7-965 Extreme Edition on F4 Bios...

It boot up fine but after swtiching off about 30mins, restarting the system would give me a no boot error code A7 and freeze...

I have searched the net and only in Tweaktown and Xtremesystems documented this error but no solution...

I am using a Seventeam 1200W PSU... GeIL GV34GB1333C9DC DDR3 1333 CL=9-9-9-24

I tried using 1 piece of RAM DDR3_1 and also 2 pieces on DDR3_1 and DDR3_3... both gives me a fresh boot with no display and A7 code...

Upon clearing Cmos via the CLR CMOS at the I/O... the system will boot fine with either 1 piece or 2 pieces of RAM...

I tried using a set of loan and working triple channel DDR1333 RAMs... Same thing happen...

As long as I reset the CMOS, the system works fine...

Anyone can help???

Just change the mb... working fine now...

seems like the initial playing around with the RAMs and RAMs slot killed the mb...

I've got the same problem. I even RMAed teh Motherboard and overclockers - the supplier said it worked fine and they had updated the BIOS. Got it back and it still just hangs with an A7 error.

I'm tempted to just send the whole thing back but it seems that maybe the motherboard is just non totally compatible with the processor and I should change it to another one.

Any suggestions?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information