Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte EP35-DS3 motherboard and Intel Q9550 help.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte EP35-DS3 motherboard and Intel Q9550 help.

Thats good, how many passes was that though? It all depends on your setup how long = how many passes. I always suggest 5-10 to be sure of stability

Ya, that is a bit high actual voltage, see if you can get it down

I can't remember how many passes it was I didn't take any pics of it. :P But i think it was around 6-7 passes or so.
    I have now lowered the CPU voltage to 1.360 in Windows and put down the SPD to 2.40. Just did a fast stresstest with prime and it ran without any errors in 30min. I'm going to let it run over night tonight and see what happens.
    Thank you again for all your help and keep fingers crossed it's working now.

BTW you don't think my mobo is faulty or something...cos my soundcard (Creative X-Fi extreme gamer) suddenly disappeared and I tried to reinstall sounddrivers but no luck so I had to change to another PCI-slot on the mobo and reinstall drivers etc to make it work. :/

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsOwn View Post
    I can't remember how many passes it was I didn't take any pics of it. :P But i think it was around 6-7 passes or so.
    I have now lowered the CPU voltage to 1.360 in Windows and put down the SPD to 2.40. Just did a fast stresstest with prime and it ran without any errors in 30min. I'm going to let it run over night tonight and see what happens.
    Thank you again for all your help and keep fingers crossed it's working now.

BTW you don't think my mobo is faulty or something...cos my soundcard (Creative X-Fi extreme gamer) suddenly disappeared and I tried to reinstall sounddrivers but no luck so I had to change to another PCI-slot on the mobo and reinstall drivers etc to make it work. :/
    Nope it didn't stay stable...core 2 crashed after only some minutes with same error message.
    I don't know any more...i've tried it all it seems and I can't get it stable at 3.6ghz.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Could be a FSB hole issue, have you tried 3.8 at all?
    So you think it can work to set it up to 3.8ghz?? :/

Same settings but put up the FSB?

Well maybe not the same settings, I was just asking if you had tried it yet. May need looser ram and or more voltages to do it. Just wondered if you had attempted it was all.

Well maybe not the same settings, I was just asking if you had tried it yet. May need looser ram and or more voltages to do it. Just wondered if you had attempted it was all.
    Yeah I tried it yesterday...but no luck! It didn't want to boot up proper...just got bluescreens just after Windows had loaded.
    I don't want to set much more volt on cpu etc cos it seems like it is closing in to max or something soon. :P
    But I don't know? :/

Sounds like you maybe had the ram settings to tight or not enough voltages were used. Be sure your ram settings are all much looser and try again. Then if no luck you know you need more CPU or CPU related voltages.

If you still fail, please post for me the exact settings you try and I will see if I see anything that may be stopping you.

Or you may just have to settle for lesser overclock such as 3.5

Sounds like you maybe had the ram settings to tight or not enough voltages were used. Be sure your ram settings are all much looser and try again. Then if no luck you know you need more CPU or CPU related voltages.

If you still fail, please post for me the exact settings you try and I will see if I see anything that may be stopping you.

Or you may just have to settle for lesser overclock such as 3.5
    Yes.. but how much loser should I set the ram?
    Yeah I was thinking the same ..that I go for only 3.5ghz...but even then I can't get it to work stable...don't know why. :/

Can you please post one setting for 3.8ghz that's optimal and one settings for 3.5ghz that's optimal for my board, ram and CPU... please. :)

Thank you again for all the help.

Always set it very loose when you are trying to raise your FSB, that way when you have issues you know it is not your ram. Use the highest ones I suggested to you, they are loose enough to not cause issues at any FSB >>>
    Standard Timing Control
    CAS Latency Time........................5
    tRCD .........................................5
    tRP'...........................................5
    tRAS..........................................18

Advanced Timing Control
    tRRD...........................................4
    tWTR..........................................5
    tWR............................................6
    tRFC...........................................62
    tRTP...........................................5
    Command Rate (CMD) ....................:2

Driving Strength Profiles
    Driving Strength ............................1066

Channel A
    Static tRead Value.........................:12

Best for you to learn by trial, if I gave you settings you would not learn much. And the settings I gave would work at any speed, all you would need to do is find your own voltages, something I can't do anyway without being at your house

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information