Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: boot trouble ep45-ds3l

Default boot trouble ep45-ds3l

I cannot boot new motherboard. The four led show green green, yellow and red. I have checked psu cable, cooler for cpu and moved memory. Tried using one memory module. Is my mb doa? Or is it CPU?

4G corsair ddr2-800 dftsm
    geforce 9800GT
    WD Caviar Black 1T

All I connect is psu,graphic card and one stick of memory

Thanks for the help Allandra

Default Re: boot trouble ep45-ds3l

Did you remember to connect the 4x2 12V connector from your PSU too?

I did forget to put the plug in, but from reading other threads and I realized it and put it in. Thank you for reminding me. Now the computer does give me a screen but shuts down in a few seconds. I also moved the memory into slot 2 which I think may have helped. This is not the first machine I have built but the first I have had trouble with.. I know the seasonic 380 watts is lower than recommended but it is the one on the ars technica hot rod guide. The reviews said it could handle the loads of the new boards and graphic cards. I do not plan to use this for overclocking. Thanks again foranswering and if you have any ideas about the shutdown please let me know. Thanks allandra

If you can get to the BIOS screen (press DEL key), start by loading optimized defaults. If that doesn't work, try loading fail-safe defaults. If you can't get to the BIOS screen, unplug power cord and clear the CMOS using the clear CMOS jumper (#19 on board diagram), the replace jumper and try again. If still not working you will have to provide more information for us to help: which BIOS version are you using, what processor, exactly what are you seeing on screen when it hangs, etc.

Thank you. I had to leave the computer for two days so I will do what you suggested on Tuesay and get back with you with all the info. By the way, I got to the bios screen one time and it crashed after I closed bios. Wouldnt start more than few seconds after that. I believe maybe the cpu overheated. Will reseal the fan with new artic siler and wee how that goes.

I finally made it to the bios screen Noticed my cpu running a little hot. Ordered new heatsink. Hooked up my hard drive and it it not recognized. Also tried using the second stick of memory and that didnot work. It does work in another slot by itself though. I am getting frustrated. Thanks for the help in advance...

Gigabye GA-EP45-DS3L
    Core 2 Duo E8500
    Corsair Extreme 4GB DDR2 800MHz 2X2GB 5-5-5-18
    EVGA 512-P3_N975-AR Geforce 9800 GT
    Western Digiatl Black CAviar 1T

Disregard previous message

I am sitting at bios with just one memory stick. Please help with settings to
    get me going with no OC.

Start by loading optimized defaults. If that doesn't work, try loading fail-safe defaults.

Thread Information