Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-EX58 series's AHCI Mode Setting Problem!

Default Re: GA-EX58 series's AHCI Mode Setting Problem!

Quote Originally Posted by jplee4907 View Post
    How can I get F4e...there seem to be only the latest beta on the web page here.
    Would you let me know? thanks...

I've never seen so many beta suffixes to a bios. F3 is the last Proper Release, but scanning through the Bios thread, Bios F4L seems Okish, but is still in testing. Usually a suffix means it's Beta.

F4L:-
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...tml#post274476
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

I just did Load Optimized setting, and with just One HDD, changed setting as AHCI enable /SATA 0-3 native mode enable, the same thing.
    It shows Verifying DMI Pool Data.....Update Success, and not moving...

Should I try F3 again?

Huh...Thanks

I just did Load Optimized setting, and with just One HDD, changed setting as AHCI enable /SATA 0-3 native mode enable, the same thing.
    It shows Verifying DMI Pool Data.....Update Success, and not moving...

Should I try F3 again?

Huh...Thanks
    Well it seems a couple if not more of these beta releases (f4) have been to address AHCI issues. You could try F3 as your scenario may work correctly, or the F4L I posted above.

Problem with Beta bioses, is they may fix one thing, but then throw something else out of sync.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

F3 is not working either.
    it seems to me a strange thing was like this;

1. When I got UD5 for the first time, initially it was working with SATA mode enabled.
    But while I was tuning the system, I was going back and forth setting SATA disable and enable. I just didn't like the way the board response. It worked ok, but at Verifying DMI Pool Data...something was wiered. Bios was F3. At that time, I went to the shop and exchanged with Extreme board thinking I will get a better one.

2. Once I got Extreme board, it worked good actually. SATA enable never the problem with original factory F3 bios. I just forgot about the SATA problem, thou I read some member here was complaining about.
    But, right after I flashed with F4l from here, the problem started hanging at the DMI spot.

3. I changed board to UD4P, it didn't work. And I went back the shop looking for Extreme but didn't have one. So, I got UD5 currently using one.

This is a weird saga of my own.
    I just don't see why!!!
    Because I know other guys using EX58 series, they are good with SATA mode change.

I think I'm going to call GIGA USA and get a board from them or at least I get some answer. Wish me luck.

I do really appreciate for your help. Thanks

I have one more question, I see when the board starts from AHCI mode, it reads from the top of the screen like "Intel SATA AHCI bios starting...."

I know when I install Vista, I installed the chipset from intel and GSATA driver. Is there way that I can find this Intel SATA bios to be reinstall?

I have one more question, I see when the board starts from AHCI mode, it reads from the top of the screen like "Intel SATA AHCI bios starting...."

I know when I install Vista, I installed the chipset from intel and GSATA driver. Is there way that I can find this Intel SATA bios to be reinstall?
    Not that i know of.

Though in windows i install the Intel Matrix driver so it overwrites the MS AHCI generic driver and also firstly the Chipset driver. I use the generic Vista driver for the Gsata though as I only use the IDE part of the Jmicron Controller.

Are you Definately Loading up the Optimised defaults after q-flashing the bios , SAVING and then rebooting before entering the bios again to set up your specifics?

Yes, I hit F10 after loading optimized default settings, and hit yes, and get out.

Hi VorlonUK

I really appreciate you for helping me out. It's been a quite ride. And, suddenly I happened to find cure!

I actually gave up. I was just tuning my Vista, on line updating. Doing so, i tried erase some of files installed. It didn't go right. My computer was stuck. I tried to reset it but it was looping, didn't even go thru first log screen. It was on and off by it self.
    At that time, I was really hitting bottom. Now, the board desn't even boot into Vista!

Then, for the last time, I tried to pull out my VGA card, and Clear CMOS differently. But shorting the jumper. You know there is a CMOS clear button. I kept using that. But this time I was going to use the jumper short.
    After that, the system came back as factory default. So, I gave it to try one more time by setting AHCI. Suddenly, it didn't stop, it went thru. Now, I have multibooting.
    Man, I'm not going to tweak with bios anymore. it's so scary. But I do hope Gigabyte improve this problems when I used EP35 or EP45 boards, AHCI never a problem except vdrop.

Anyway thanks for being with me and kept helping me.

JP

nice to hear that your problem solved...

yeah, it's a bit wired when you put SATA RAID/AHCI MODE into ENABLE, when you are trying to install the operation system.....

so my best idea is to put it disable while enabel sata port0-3 native mode enable when installing operation system

Glad you've got it working

What Bios version are you using now?, so others who look at this thread can get an idea as to what fixes the AHCI problem.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information