Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: GA-EX58 series's AHCI Mode Setting Problem!

Default Re: GA-EX58 series's AHCI Mode Setting Problem!

^ + 1

Hi, I have the same problems. I'm not sure if this board is really buggy or what, but ontop of the OP's issues and yomike007's issues above I ALSO cant get the system to boot when I have any USB devices plugged in. (Except USB mouse and USB keyboard). This is a pain as I use a bluetooth mouse and keyboard and having the bluetooth dongle plugged in = no boot. Also having external HDD, or memory stick plugged in = no boot. You might think on the surface it's a boot order/USB boot set to enabled issue and so did I, but I checked all options and even changed them all and still no luck. I have to wait til windows boots and then plug them in. Not much fun when you're doing stuff remotely, in fact not much fun at all.

Also, I'm using a RAID 0 array and after configuring the array using SmartBackup in the BIOS I was not able to install Windows. Just hangs on 'Verifying DMI pool data'. I had to DISABLE RAID to make RAID work. Go figure. Once Windows was installed, I was able to change RAID from DISABLE to ENABLE and the system was able to boot. Phew. But still, that was completely contradictory to what the manual said. Yes after some annoyance I RTFM. :)

None of the Gigabyte utilities (EasyTune, Dynamic Energy saver) work for me. They ALL crash under Vista x64 even though Gigabyte explicitly suppors Vista x64. That sucks.

I'm going to update to the new F5 beta BIOS on this site that came out 14th Feb tonight, and see if this changes the sorry state of this BIOS and fixes these issues. It's really simple issues???? Cmon Gigabyte wtf.

Anyway for anyone considering this board don't let these posts turn you off - this is an AMAZING board and once these niggly issues are all worked out I'll be one very happy camper. Until then my patience is wearing dangerously thin.
    Last edited by salada2k; 02-16-2009 at 12:11 PM.

I updated to BIOS F5g tonight, loaded default settings, powered off, and then up again, no change all the issues still remain.

I have the same issue with my MS bluetooth dongle. Will not boot with it plugged in. Vista 64. :(

It does not matter what OS, as it hangs/feezes at POST time, not boot time.

If you have the wireless entertainment 8000 (maybe this works on other models too), you can remove the MS bluetooth dongle from the charger/usb hub (underneath) and then plug it straight into a spare USB port then the system will boot.

Gigabyte should still fix this problem though as there are some devices like the USB hard drive there is no workaround for. If it's plugged in, and you restart your PC, it will crash at POST.

Also tried the F6a BIOS, still same problem.
    CPU: Core i7 920 @ 3.4Ghz
    AIR: Noctua NH-U12P SE1366
    MEM: GSkill PI 1600Mhz CL8 3*2GB
    MOB: Gigabyte ex58 Extreme
    HDD: 2 * WD 640 Caviar Black 32MB (RAID 0) on Intel Matrix
    GPU: Inno3D GTX 285 OC
    BOX: Coolermaster ATCS 840
    PSU: Thermaltake QFAN 850 W

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Legacy USB Storage Detect Disabled should fix your Boot issues with USB Devices

You will need to re-enable this to flash via USB Using Qflash though so keep that in mind when/if you flash later on.

EasyTune and DES work fine in Vista x64, did you pay for your Vista? If not, that may be why they do not work for you

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information