Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Problem during bootup

Default Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Problem during bootup

Hello all,

I couldn't find a Gigabyte forum and i think this is the closest i can post on. Here it goes.

I just got this problem this morning. It was fine last night. I tried to boot up the computer and i heard a weird mechanical noise on the board. Then i heard 1 beep sound during the Gigabyte's splash page, after that it either reboots itself or shuts down completely. I couldn't even enter the bios because the keyboard wasn't registered. What do you think the problem is? I don't know how to test which parts are causing the problem. Can someone guide me to the right direction to solve this problem? Thank you.

Henry

Default Re: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Problem during bootup

If you can. Take everything out of your case and set it up on a wooden table with limited components. Processor, Video card, One stick of RAM and PSU. If that does not work, try the other stick of RAM.

You can also try clearing your CMOS. Follow LSD's guide..

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Hope this helps.
    Nothing is impossible... Just mathematically improbable..

"The best defense against computer viruses might not even be antivirus software, but a crafty combination of education and common sense."

Intel Pentium e5200 @ 3.8HZ (380 X 10)
    Giga-byte GA-EP35-DS3L
    Mushkin 4GB DDR2 800 @ 760MHZ 4-4-3-10 @ +0.3v
    SAPPHIRE 100245L Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
    Seagate 160GB @ 7200rpm
    SB Audigy2
    Corsair 520HX
    Super Antec Lanboy
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit RTM
    Acer AL2216Wbd 22"

Did you remember to plug in the 2x4 12V connector from your PSU?

I finally found out the problem. The push pins on one side of my Xigmatek heatsink came off. I had to re-seat the heatsink onto the board and chip. I can boot up properly, but when i ran core temp the temp shot up. It says 55oC idle and 90oC while running apps. I really don't think its really 90oC. Maybe the temp censor is not reading the temps correctly? Any insights?

Hen

Hi,
    Once the heat sink comes loose you should clean off the thermal compound an reapply.
    What are the temps in the BIOS?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Henweee View Post
    I finally found out the problem. The push pins on one side of my Xigmatek heatsink came off. I had to re-seat the heatsink onto the board and chip. I can boot up properly, but when i ran core temp the temp shot up. It says 55oC idle and 90oC while running apps. I really don't think its really 90oC. Maybe the temp censor is not reading the temps correctly? Any insights?

Hen
    The push pins suck you really have to push hard to get them right. If its not fully seated then yes you are prob seeing those temps.

Just pay $9 and get the 17751 retention bracket from newegg.com(as long as you have the 1283 heatsink) and you'll have more piece on mind and better temps

Thread Information