Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA EX58 EXTREME Silent Pipe Screw Dimensions

Default GA EX58 EXTREME Silent Pipe Screw Dimensions

I think I lost the screws to attach the Hybrid Silent-Pipe module to the northbridge heatsink base... whoops...

Anyone want to do me the favor of taking on of theirs out and measuring the dimensions so I can run down to the hardware store and grab some replacements?

I'd really appreciate the gestures. Thanks.

-Mario

Default Re: GA EX58 EXTREME Silent Pipe Screw Dimensions

Hi Mario

I've got a similar problem, except that the motherboard was missing the screws.

Did you ever find out their size and where to get them from? Gigabyte are no help at all.

Philip

No, I was told to e-mail gigabyte support directly and they never responded.

From what I have read though, the heatpipes are probably more for show. I doubt you will get a noticeable improvement on anything using them, but who knows.

I kinda gave up. It is BS, to pay a premium price and not be able to get full support, but not sure it is worth the time to figure it out. Seems like a simple fix, some guy just looks up the specks, I go out to the hardware store. Oh well.

-Mario

Hi Mario,

Just for your info., the screws are 2mm in diameter by about 7mm in length.

Philip

Thread Information