Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't run OCZ3G1600LV6GK at 1600 on GA-EX58-UD5

Default Re: Can't run OCZ3G1600LV6GK at 1600 on GA-EX58-UD5

I tried changing the voltage in the two places I could find but it didn't change the timings or when I booted and looked at cpuz. cpuz had the voltage at 1.5 still.

I will try the 2t setting for my timings. Then I should at least be on spec.

It does sound like you got something bad. I haven't had time to tweak a lot, but everything I have done has caused any issues at all.

I will try more and let you know. I just need to read and learn more.

Wish I could buy time !

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Setting voltages wont change timings. Have you loaded optimized defaults for your Build yet? If not, please do so and then set your ram voltage ONLY and save/apply/reboot BACK to the BIOS as you will need to set your SATA/Disk settings all again before you load windows

CPU-z does not show your ram voltage, only what it programmed into it not what voltage is being used. You would need to look in the PC Health section of the BIOS or use EasyTune or Everest to check what voltages are being used

Yeah.. I haven't really got any of the changes to show up in cpuz, but then again, my time to play with my new toy is limited to about 15 to 20 mins each night during the week. I re-read the op's settings and I have not been manually changing the timings. I will try the optimized defaults and see what happens. I'll probably get to do that this evening. I will try out the suggested programs as well.

I did change the command rate to 2 and cpuz did reflect it but now change in speed or timings (probably as expected).

I tried setting the timings to 8 8 8 24 and it wasn't stable for me either. booted up ok but after running a few things locked up. I didn't set voltage. cpuz doesn't show voltage changes now matter what i do to voltage settings.. not sure if i am just doing it wrong ?

I need to read up on this mb and figure out the settings. I am wondering if this ram just doesn't like our mb . It will let me set the mem mult to 12 but that seems to be it. I think if I can figure out how to get the voltage up to 1.65 and then set timings to 8 8 8 24 it might work..

Looks like i am going to rma. Can you tell me what ram you got as a replacement? Can you link me to it ?

Thanks
    Chris

the CPU-Z screen you are looking at for voltage is only the SPD specs, not the actual voltage that the RAM is running at. That will always show 1.5V for this memory. I believe Everest and Easytune can show you the actual voltage, though I haven't tried them myself.

I am currently running with 6 sticks of Crucial Ballistix memory (BL2KIT12864BE2009 - 2GB kit (1GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM , DDR3 PC3-16000 from Crucial.com), which isn't really meant for an i7 board. However, it is running stable at 1600,8-8-8-24,1.64V. I also tried some Kingston HyperX (http://www.valueram.com/datasheets/K...0D3LLK2_2G.pdf) memory, which again ran stable at 1600,8-8-8-24,1.7V, even though it is only rated for 1375. With the Kngston memory, though, the BIOS and Windows only saw 4GB of memory even though I had 6x1GB sticks.

Both these memory kits are borrowed, and I am waiting for the OCZ replacement to see if that fixes things...

I submitted a trouble ticket on ocz's site and they told me to try setting the trc to 45 the trfc to 90 and command rate to 2t then the voltage to 1.65v .. I set it to 1.64v . All timings set manually to spec.

I ran 3dmarks 3 times in a row without lockup... so far

I dont know what all of these settings are or if this is acceptable ?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, that sounds good. You can likely bring down your trfc a bit possibly. Wish I knew more about X58, but sadly I am not much help on this subject

Hope some of out x58 users can help you out

Hello

Same matter with OCZ gold 3go 12800 cl8 .

And gigabyte EX58 UD4P , i need to run the memory with x6 (<1333) ...

I have see your post on the ocz forum ...

OCZ is bad ... support is bad ... really hunappy about ocz ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information