Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-MA78GM-S2H & X-Fi detection problem

Default GA-MA78GM-S2H & X-Fi detection problem

Hi all, 1st post here and could really use some help here, anyhow I've tried to search on this but had no luck so I apologize in advance if this has been addressed before so here's my problem...

I've installed my X-Fi ExtremeGamer card in the bottom PCI slot (PCI #2) which since my 8800GT double slot card is occupying the upper slot is the only option I have. The system is NOT detecting the card at bootup at all, showing "N/A" in the resources screen and yet again is confusing me as I've never had a prob with an X-Fi card in any system up until now. Windows does detect a "multimedia audio adapter" though the X-Fi software which does install does not "see" it however. Any and all help is greatly appreciated, this board is a great performer these issues aside but with add-in sound would sure be a bonus for me. My specs for this build are below:

GA-MA78GM-S2H (F6d BIOS)
    4x1G Corsair Dominator C5D 8500
    2xWD2500KS Drives
    EVGA 8800GT SC Card @700-1750-2000 (Nvidia 181.00 beta Driver)
    Last edited by Governator; 12-25-2008 at 04:09 AM.

Default Re: GA-MA78GM-S2H & X-Fi detection problem

Did you remember to disable the onboard audio in BIOS (under Advanced, Integrated Peripherals, "Onboard Audio Function" = Disabled)?

Quote Originally Posted by randers4 View Post
    Did you remember to disable the onboard audio in BIOS (under Advanced, Integrated Peripherals, "Onboard Audio Function" = Disabled)?
    Of course, thanks anyway...

Strange, can you see it during post? If not, wonder if the slot cover needs to be bent slightly to ensure that card is fully seated when screwed down (i.e., so screw isn't lifting card slightly out of slot on one side). If you see it during post but not in windows, wonder if you have an IRQ conflict that requires you to manually assign PCI2 IRQ in BIOS. Otherwise I'd try the usual stuff -- make sure using latest driver, update BIOS, etc.

Thread Information