Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems Overclocking With Ex-58 Extreme

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Problems Overclocking With Ex-58 Extreme

Wish I could offer some help, but sadly I cannot.

Thanks to all X58 users who do offer their thoughts and try to help!!!

OK, I got 4GH finally. I'm prime95 Blending at the moment, but passed SuperPi 32M and Memtest86+ tests so far. A few things I did were:

CPU Clock Ratio X19
    BCLK Frequency(MHz) 211
    CPU vCore 1.3975
    QPI/VTT 1.41

I've been finding VTT needs to be higher than vCore. About 0.02-0.03 or so.

remember I'm on a DFI board, so you may need to tweak these a little.

Good luck
    -=Mark=-
    dang, Prime95 blend failed after 10minutes. Pretty good since I've been having a hard time passing for 1 minute- lol Testing 1.4 vCore and 1.42 vtt now.

Vtt should always be 0.1V or less below Vcore

But hey, All I know is NON X58, so That may not apply. I can say higher Vtt then vcore in previous chipsets will kill your CPU

as you already know the old vtt applies to the FSB, and the X58 now has a QPI bus and it's a while lot different. I did mis write it though and it should be within .02v-.03v. Some CPUs like it a little high, while some a little low. I think the good chips like it low, I find most chips that run higher seem to be the ones that won't clock well. Only time will tell before we know the true nature of the beast.

Right now I have my clock back to 180BCLK, 20x multi, and Turbo enabled and most things on auto. I set my Vcore and VTT to same setting and VTT fluctuates from .01v - .03v higher while folding.

I never could get 4.0 stable. I kept pumping volts and gained little stability. I hit 1.5vcore and stopped. I started at 1.3125v vCore and passes SuperPi 32M and memtest at the above clock and nerver got it stable up to 1.5v. I was afraid to go any higher.

I don't know if it's my CPU limit or some setting. These are all new settings and I have no clue what most do. I even installed my good water cooling system to cool this better and got temps down around 73C, but didn't give me any stability. My PWMs were sky high at 80C and put a fan on them to get them down to 60C. These are digital PWMs on my DFI and they are suppose to handle the high heat, but I cooled them to be safe.

I'm taking a short break from OC. Probably next weekend before I try more. That'll give me more time to read up some more on these things.

-=Mark=-

Ahh, ok thanks for the info! Ya, I have not even held a X58 myself yet.... So I am clueless about it

Thanks for chiming in on these boards, as All the X58 help we can get around here is needed until I decide to upgrade

Hello have you try loading the BIOS profile included on this PDF guide? if not here it is

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/...%20profile.zip

hi i found this forum and thread whilst looking for setting's to get a core i7 920 above 4.0ghz with the gigabyte ex58 extreme mobo.

here's my spec's and i'll post setting's after it:

MOBO: GIGABYTE EX58 EXTREME

CPU: CORE I7 920

RAM: PATRIOT VIPER 6GB

GPU: BFG GTX280

PSU: COOLERMASTER MODULAR 1000W

HDD'S: 1X WD VELOCIRAPTOR 320GB 1X SAMSUNG SPINPOINT F1 1TB 2X SAMSUNG SPINPOINT F3 1TB

CASE: COOLERMASTER COSMOS "S" SPORT MODDED.

COOLING: 3X XSPC RESOVOIR/PUMP COMBINED, XSPC DELTA V3, DANGER DEN TITAN GTX WATERBLOCK, AND THE NORTHBRIDGE WATERCOOLED, 1X TRIPLE RAD FOR CPU, 1X DUAL RAD FOR NORTHBRIDGE, 1X SINGLE RAD FOR GTX280.

my setting's are every voltage is on auto except for the cpu and qpi which are at this:

CPU: 1.3250V
    QPI: 1.33V OR 1.355V
    BLCK: 200
    MULTI: 20
    HYPERTHREADING ENABLED

temps are at:

IDLE
    NB: 32C
    CPU: 25C
    CORE 1: 35C
    CORE 2: 36C
    CORE 3: 32C
    CORE 4: 33C
    GPU: 40C

LOAD
    NB: 40C
    CPU: 35C
    CORE 1: 65C
    CORE 2: 66C
    CORE 3: 60C
    CORE 4: 63C
    GPU: 55C

i've found that if i add more voltage it becomes unstable, and if i use less it becomes unstable at the current setting's it stays prime stable for 8 hours+.

hope this might help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information