Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: X48T-DQ6 bios will not save overclock settings...help!

Default Re: X48T-DQ6 bios will not save overclock settings...help!

Cheers! I haven't tried overclocking it further as I figured I might as well enjoy some time on Fallout 3 and World in Conflict, rather than spending hours tweaking, before I have to return to work this Monday .

Will report back once I have had time to play with the settings some more.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Hi,

I have decided to contribute to this topic as I had quite a few problems with OC my Q9550 2.83 to 3.4 GHz. My specs are as follows:

Mo Bo: Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 BIOS ver F6A
    CPU: Intel Q9550
    Memory: Corsair CM3X2G1600C9DHX x2 (4GB total)
    PSU: OCZ 600W
    GPU: GFX 260 + 2xLCD
    Drives: 3x internal HDD + 1x External USB HDD (I-Book) + DVDRW
    Case: TT Armor
    Cooling: TT Bigwater 770
    System: Vista 64 Ultimate SP1

So, over last 2-3 months I was running at 2.83 GHz (FSB 333x8.5) and 1333MHz memory bus as I was initially unable to setup my memory properly when assembling my rig. After 2 months of stable work, I decided to sort out RAM frequency.
    To my surprise my Mo/Bo was resetting to default settings at every boot (after failed attempt to start) as soon as I enabled "CPU Host Clock Control" - even without changing FSB frequency (yes! even at 333MHz FSB which was running fine on automatic setting).
    After few hours of testing, changing memory slots, unplugging unnecessary devices, BIOS updates and Internet forums reading, I have found this topic with JapaneseAstronomy's remark about possible shortages with case.
    Disassembling my rig revealed first real problem - My lame Mo/Bo installation.

Having not read User's Manual I managed to leave one of the two 12v (2x4 12v sockets) connectors unplugged. I have to admit that there was a black spigot on the second socket, and manual states that this should be connected for Extreme processors but still...

Plugging both 12V power supplies allowed me to begin proper OC. I could now change FSB, memory timings, etc. without any booting problems.
    Next problem I have encountered was very poor stability with fsb @400 MHz. Even with CPU at nominal 2.80 GHz (multiplier x7), FSB 400MHz and memory bus 1600MHz (multiplier 4.00D) I have had system halts after every 10 min or so. It turned out that one of the DDR3 sticks was faulty! Removing one faulty stick and leaving good 2 GB allowed stable work at 2.8 GHz and 1600MHz memory bus! Further OC was than possible and my rig is working now with the following settings:

CPU @3.4 GHz (multiplier x8.5), Vcore 1.31
    FSB @400 MHz
    Memory bus @ 1600 (multiplier x4.00D), DDR3 OverVoltage +0,30V, 9-9-9-24, Command Rate 2T

The only problem that I'm still fighting with is that BIOS will restart on boot every time when my External USB HDD (I-Book 1TB) is plugged in and FSB is set to 400MHz... I need to unplug USB lead to allow my system to pass self test. My guess is that this device start is delaying system boot to the extent that system BIOS self check times out and downclocking to default settings is performed.

EDIT: Above problem is sorted now - Disabled "Legacy USB storage detect" allowed to boot with extrnal drive plugged to USB port.

Hope this will help anybody who is having similar problems.

Regards,
    Squbel

Last edited by squbel; 01-11-2009 at 05:16 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thanks for posting, was just about to tell you to disable legacy USB Storage Detect, I see you found it!

Do keep in mind that it Must be enabled to flash from USB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information