Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EP35-DS3L Memory issue or something else?

Default Re: EP35-DS3L Memory issue or something else?

Then everything should be on Auto....
    Nothing is impossible... Just mathematically improbable..

"The best defense against computer viruses might not even be antivirus software, but a crafty combination of education and common sense."

Intel Pentium e5200 @ 3.8HZ (380 X 10)
    Giga-byte GA-EP35-DS3L
    Mushkin 4GB DDR2 800 @ 760MHZ 4-4-3-10 @ +0.3v
    SAPPHIRE 100245L Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
    Seagate 160GB @ 7200rpm
    SB Audigy2
    Corsair 520HX
    Super Antec Lanboy
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit RTM
    Acer AL2216Wbd 22"

2. Default Re: EP35-DS3L Memory issue or something else?

Setting everything to auto may not be reliable with 4gig of ram. From what I can tell it's common to have stability problems without increasing the MCH Vcore and manually setting the ram timings - even running at stock speeds. But, as usual with computers it just depends on the ram, mobo, etc.
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
    E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz
    Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB)
    Corsair 400W PSU

ok, so changed timings to 5-5-5-15 last night and started two prime95 blend test sessions. No errors have appeared as of this morning. Hopefully this will still hold true by the time I get home this evening. If so, I think I can safely say that the memory settings are to blame for my problems. Can anything be done to tighten up the timings and keep stability?

4. Default Re: EP35-DS3L Memory issue or something else?

Oh yeah, now starts the long process of tweaking. Basically you just make small changes (preferably only one change) and test, change, test, change, etc. Just write down all your settings when you start, and document each change and test result. Just reduce a timing or voltage until you get errors, then bump it back up a tad, then start reducing a different timing or voltage.

It can get tedious, but the reward is a stable, fast machine. The EasyTune program may help the process a bit.
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
    E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz
    Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB)
    Corsair 400W PSU

So everything looks good for now. I will let the machine run for the next few days and make sure it continues to run without a problem and then start tweaking things. Thanks for the help.

Do you have all of your Windows updates. One in particular KB929777. I had BSOD problems and this seems to have addressed the issue. Mine was failing to install through automatic updates. I tested it by running 2GB instead of 4GB and system was stable. Only when I had the entire 4GB in did I get the BSOD. Might be worth a look, just check your update history if you have auto updates on and see if it failed (just FYI mine showed as installed in the update list, only showed failed in the history).

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Let me know if you need some more help here. Sorry I never chimed in until now I have got myself very backed up this week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information