Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: trying to get the ram up to right speed?

Default Re: trying to get the ram up to right speed?

Quote Originally Posted by weaz4200 View Post
    i didnt mean that in a bad way...maybe i used the wrong word...by gibberish i meant that i dont really understand it...i could sit there and read it 50 times and i wouldnt get it..thats why i asked so i could get an answer from a person... im sorry if i offended you.. but i wrote this right after i got done with tech support... half an hour on the phone waiting and no help...i was kinda peaved. if i would of know that ill i could get was 1333 with ddr3 at least thats what its running stable at..i would of just saved some money and bought something cheaper... i had it running a little higher without shuting me down...but my programs were acting funny..they'd freeze up.
    I tried to explain on a previous post that you can't just set your "qualified" (on SOME boards) Ram to run a 1600Mhz Without Overclocking the FSB. Which means in reality to achieve this, you'll have to Overclock other items too, as there isn't a Memory multiplier high enough, for you to leave your CPU at Stock and run the memory at a much higher frequency.

Going above 1333Mhz with DDR3 you go into territory that MAY be achievable with some board/memory combinations. But much of the time, as it is Overclock territory, you have to be prepared to learn and test more than you normally would have to. Running DDR3 at 1600Mhz is Not a stock setting and you would have learnt that if you had researched your setup before buying it.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes with CPU at 3Ghz (333 FSB) your max ram speed available would be 1333. You still have not said what CPU you have so I would have to guess E8400 as well.

To be able to even try to run your ram at 1600 you will have to AT LEAST overclock your CPU to 400 FSB and try to use the 4.00B strap Multi or 480 FSB and use the 3.33D strap Multi

Auto is not going to cut it with those ram speeds, so you will need to set everything manually as far as ram voltages and timings go.

If you do need help with some suggested settings please link us to your ram and let us know which of the above FSB speeds you want to run and we will give you some suggested starting points

Lsdmeasap...yes it is the E8400....once again my previous posts weren't meant to be mean...i just tend to word things wrong..sorry for that...here is a list of every component... motherboard... FRYS.com*|*Gigabyte processor... FRYS.com*|*Intel Ram... FRYS.com*|*PATRIOT Power supply... FRYS.com*|*Thermaltake and Processor Fan cooler... FRYS.com*|*Socket LGA775 CPU Cooler that about covers it...hope to hear from ya soon. thanks

Lsdmeasap...yes it is the E8400....once again my previous posts weren't meant to be mean...i just tend to word things wrong..sorry for that...here is a list of every component... motherboard... FRYS.com*|*Gigabyte processor... FRYS.com*|*Intel Ram... FRYS.com*|*PATRIOT Power supply... FRYS.com*|*Thermaltake and Processor Fan cooler... FRYS.com*|*Socket LGA775 CPU Cooler that about covers it...hope to hear from ya soon. thanks
    I can understand you wanting to get more from your memory ie the advertised speed, but it might be more trouble than it's worth.

I assume you realise now, that to get anything higher than 1333Mhz with your DDR ram, you do need to overclock your board, are you happy to do that?

You could if you wish, increase everything in a linear way, so not only do you increase your RAM speed, but you increase your 8400's speed too.

Alternatively you can increase you ram speed by overclocking the system, but reduce the CPU multiplier, so as to keep it close to it's 3Ghz rating.

Either which way, you will have to overclock to get the ram running any faster.

What is it you really want to do?
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

VorLonUK...what i would like to do is for you to PLEASE help me do whatever i need to...so i could get everything running at the spped its intended to...id be very grateful if you could go in order of what i need to change exactly..and if it helps...i could go into bios and write down every bit of info that its set at right now...as so there would be no confusion on my part...i would like to understand how and why i set things to certain specs so that maybe one day i could help out someone in need of assistance as well. like you are trying to do for me. that is what i would like to do. knowledge is power and im just trying to learn..thats all.

anybody? help.

im curious why you guys bailed on me and dont wanna help anymore?

VorLonUK...what i would like to do is for you to PLEASE help me do whatever i need to...so i could get everything running at the spped its intended to...id be very grateful if you could go in order of what i need to change exactly..and if it helps...i could go into bios and write down every bit of info that its set at right now...as so there would be no confusion on my part...i would like to understand how and why i set things to certain specs so that maybe one day i could help out someone in need of assistance as well. like you are trying to do for me. that is what i would like to do. knowledge is power and im just trying to learn..thats all.
    I understand that, but I have tried to explain in my posts, that DDR3 at 1600Mhz is NOT a standard setting for this board. Your board like many others, has a max of 1333Mhz (with DDR3) on "normal" settings.

And as I've already reiterated, you will HAVE to overclock your board to attempt to get your Ram running at 1600Mhz. That means not only the Ram will be technically overclocked, but also the system.

If you have your DDR3 running at 1333Mhz and it runs memtest without error???? I'd leave it.

If you DO want to overclock your system and make use of the 1600Mhz memory modules you have, then you have to realise that a lot of tweaking may be neccessary. And with that you may have Memtest errors etc

If you do want to proceed further, then first fully check out the system as it is setup now (i'm assuming at default). Theres no point in overclocking anything until you know it's stable and memory error free at it's stock settings.

So burn yourself Memtest 2.11 onto a cd-r Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool , set your first boot device in the bios to be your cd/dvd drive and then boot the sytem with the disk in the drive (its self booting).

Are these correct (your specs)??

Intel E8400
    Gigabyte GA-EP45T-DS3R
    Patriot DDR3 12800 4GB kit (9-9-9-24) 1.8volts maxPatriot Memory - Products
    Thermaltake Toughpower 700W PSU
    Zalman CNPS9500AT ::: Zalman, leading the world of Quiet Computing Solutions :::
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 01-11-2009 at 12:31 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Please let us know what settings you are using now, your issues, and where you would like to run at.

Sorry, I did not bail on you. I have just gotten very far behind this week (About 4 pages behind to be exact) only a few member help out here and there is MANY new posts each day

yes..those are my specs... here is a link to a screen shot from cpu-z... cpuspecs.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting ....should be all the info..if you need more let me know...am goin into bios and gonna write everything down..so you know everything....
    Please let us know what settings you are using now, your issues, and where you would like to run at.
    lets take it one step at a time so we can address every point... will run mem test and get back to you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information