Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No post, blank screen with ex58-extreme

Default No post, blank screen with ex58-extreme

Hi

Searched for days now to solve my problem but can't find anything that helps.

System wont post when i have my 3 memory-sticks installed even in the white slots, shows error 6F. Boots ok with only 2 first installed.
    Changed the timings to my memory defaults but that doesn't help. Did find somewhere that i should change the voltage to 1.65v but that is impossible on this board so its now at 1.64v.
    Tried alot of different bios-releases but that doesn't help.

My Specs:
    Intel Corei7 920
    Gigabyte EX58-EXTREME
    OCZ3G1333LV3GK
    Gigabyte gv-r4850c-1gv
    Tagan tg480-u01

Please help me.
    Need more info to help? then just ask.

Got this problem too.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-x...y-saver-28726/
    But don't care about that right now. But thought that they could be related.
    Last edited by Dnex; 12-28-2008 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Correcting error code

Default Re: No post, blank screen with ex58-extreme

That error code suggests something CPU related - check your handbook or the PDF document (page120)
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Quote Originally Posted by VorLonUK View Post
    That error code suggests something CPU related - check your handbook or the PDF document (page120)
    It says "Turn on L2 cache". How do I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dnex View Post
    It says "Turn on L2 cache". How do I do that?
    Well you can't......

It's enabled by default (or should be). That's why I said it was CPU related. There was a bios update F3 which i believe addressed Cpu issues across the ex58 range, but it looks like you have tried a few bioses releases.

I see two sticks are ok, does the error code go off when they are fitted and it boots?

Have you tried a different 3 stick combo, just incase you have a poor stick?

When you use just two sticks in Dual channel, does memtest report no errors?
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Well you can't......

It's enabled by default (or should be). That's why I said it was CPU related. There was a bios update F3 which i believe addressed Cpu issues across the ex58 range, but it looks like you have tried a few bioses releases.

I see two sticks are ok, does the error code go off when they are fitted and it boots?

Have you tried a different 3 stick combo, just incase you have a poor stick?

When you use just two sticks in Dual channel, does memtest report no errors?
    With 2 sticks it only shows the error code for half a sec.

Only have my 3 sticks but tried to mix them in random order but no differens.

Get no errors in memtest86 2.01 but att the top left i shows "L2 Cache: Unknown"

You need to try memtest 2.11, i think the L2 cache not showing in it is a red herring.

As for the tri-channel mode, there are several posts about this on the forum.

You need to try memtest 2.11, i think the L2 cache not showing in it is a red herring.
    Burning that to a cd right now.
    As for the tri-channel mode, there are several posts about this on the forum.
    But have someone found a fix for it? Can just find a lot of post about people who have the problem but non where they have fixed it.

memtest 2.11 reported no problems.

What can I do next. Has none found a solution to this problem (instead of bying a different moderboard)?

PS.Thanks for the help so far.

I wish i could be more helpful, but i don't have this board. As I said earlier, there have been a number of posts encompassing this problem and most of them recently (ie last 2 weeks).
    All you can do is glean as much information from them as you can.

Just to reiterate, you need to loadup the bios optimised defaults after a bios flash update, then save+reboot.

You could also clear the cmos too. Remove the battery and use the switch (clr cmos) for a minute.
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 12-28-2008 at 02:41 AM.

I wish i could be more helpful, but i don't have this board. As I said earlier, there have been a number of posts encompassing this problem and most of them recently (ie last 2 weeks).
    All you can do is glean as much information from them as you can.

Just to reiterate, you need to loadup the bios optimised defaults after a bios flash update, then save+reboot.

You could also clear the cmos too. Remove the battery and use the switch (clr cmos) for a minute.
    Removed the battery and cleared the cmos but it didn't help.

Read my first post and did see that I wrote the wrong error code. The correct code is 6F
    "1. Initialize floppy controller
    2. Set up related fields in 40:hardware"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information