Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: newbie GA-EP45-UD3P software questions

Default newbie GA-EP45-UD3P software questions

I recently switched to this board from a 680i LT board in my first build. I was very used to the old 680i and understood the bios etc. The reason for the switch is my Q6600 was running warm with any sort of load and as long as I was going to have to take the board out to install a cooler I thought the feature rich Gigabyte board would be worthwhile. With the new Zalman 9700 the cpu runs in the high 20s at idle and about 20 degrees cooler under load than the other setup. Incredible! I am a musician and use this computer mainly for ProTools and at first everything ran great EXCEPT Protools (recording software) under XP Pro. I got endless stops and error msgs. I was advised to do a completely clean reinstall of XP on the Protools website instead of the repair install I had done. I did the clean install and reinstalled Protools as well and everything seemed fine. Until....last night when I reinstalled Easytune 6 to play around with. I did very little until I got to C.I.A. and pressed Cruise at which point everthing froze up forcing me to reboot. I guess it didn't like my Evga 9800GT video card. Then I tried Protools. Error msgs and stops back! I uninstalled Easytune and everything is back to normal. So....any tips on using the included software?
    Also....the case temps are reported as higher than the core temps in PC Wizard. This is a mistake, right? Realtemp gives the same low core temps as PC Wizard.
    And one last question; what are the purple sata headers for? I am running 4 hard drives and setting up the bios was very confusing I don't want raid...I use external hard drives to backup manually...what is the best setting? Right now I am using the default non raid. Should I plug the DVD player into the purple header? This is a great board...just wish I knew more what I was doing. Thanks!
    Andy B

Default Re: newbie GA-EP45-UD3P software questions

Using paragraphs would help people read your post.

Basically the purple sata connectors are the last resort, you should use all the yellow ones 1st

If EasyTune 6 is the problem just get rid of it. It doesn't do anything that can't be done manually in the BIOS anyway. Not the ideal solution, I know, but it's not like ET6 is critical software.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    If EasyTune 6 is the problem just get rid of it. It doesn't do anything that can't be done manually in the BIOS anyway. Not the ideal solution, I know, but it's not like ET6 is critical software.
    Yeah, I uninstalled it and the problem went away. I get the same problem when running Everest at the same time as ProTools. Easy solutions for a finicky program.

Thread Information