Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 won't even get to BIOS

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 won't even get to BIOS

Great to hear you are up and running. Ya it is safe to leave a system out of the case, but you can put it back for sure now that you have got it going.

Where do you have your drives connected (Controller and port # please) and then what do you have set in the Integrated Peripherals page? Vista should only take 10-15 minutes or less to install depending on the install type and disk setup choices

Hi, i have the same problem !
    Black Screen with error code C1. I tryed anything possible; reseted 10 time the bios, still nothing... i'm using Gskill memory too, but the system worked 3 week without any problem.
    What you done to be able to boot ? Nothing special ? Is the RMA Long ?

Thx for your answer.

This is Hawk's thread who's running Corsair modules. However, my G.Skill modules run triple channel for about 4hrs until the same one fails each time. Then memtest86+ shows hurrendous errors after several hours of stability. As ever, try each module individually as single channel in the both the first and second white slots. RMAs often take over a week :(

Yea, i already tryed to put one module individually, even without any module the board still chow the C1 error and blackscreen.
    Without any module the board should at least show the bios screen, right ?

I have somewhat similar problem with my system . It boots only sometimes and only with standard speed settings in bios when it does this it goes normally to windows and board show FF. When I change baseclock to example to 134 it wont do anything and eaven the fans do not start to spin and no error codes shows up . It is compleatly lifeless and I have to clear cmos settings. It takes something like 20-25min trying to get back to bios after a boot failure. Few times it has retrieved F2 bios from backup chip.

And my components:
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 I have tried F3, F5a and F5c bios
    i7 920 with Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 Vcore 1.28V
    6GB OCZ Platinum OCZ3P1600LV6GK (running it 8-8-8-24 1.66V 1066MHz if I change these it wont boot. I have tried 7-7-7-24@1066MHz and 1.66V=no boot)
    Gainward Rampage700 GS GLH 4870X2
    4xSamsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Thermaltake Toughpower 1500W

Yes. I have tried the new F5d. Bios update was finished ok and it posted normally and I went in bios to change my hdd settings to raid. When I rebooted after saving settings it didint start. When I tried again after a few minutes it retrieved old F2 bios becoase it told me bios checksum error. But it worked at the first run.

I flashed bios again with F5d version and this time I got to windows. But still it wont always start and I have to wait to try again after a few minutes if it is willing to run.

I haven't tried any OC becoase first I want to computer run rock solid and normally.

Are you setting your Ram voltage after you load optimized and before you save/apply?

If so, maybe you should do the flash update procedures with only one or two sticks of ram

Sorry to hear about all these issues, I dont have a clue about X58 to help though. I can say it is a very new chipset and CPU so sadly issues are likely to be present for a while before things start getting smoother. This would apply to all X58 boards of course

I tried today the new updated F5d bios with ram only in first white slot. I loaded default settings and change my ram voltage and hdd to raid and then saved and exited from bios. Then it just shutted down and didin't power up. I had to unplug the powercord and wait a few minutes and then it powered up and now it is running just like previously.

Sometimes it just wont do anything when I press power button and sometimes it runs normally (with slow default settings). It is still almost impossible to get it work with higher ram multiplier. Yesterday I got it running at 1333MHz but I had to reboot becoase some windows updates and then it just reverted back to F2 bios from backup chip.
    Last edited by Gusse; 01-13-2009 at 04:41 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information