Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 won't even get to BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 won't even get to BIOS

My machine (GA-EX58-UD5) was running fine with a seagate Barracuda 7200.11 (500GB) on SATA channel 1 and a (640GB) on channel two. I had F3 BIOS. THe machine ran fine, but took a little long to load the desktop,but booted fine. One day I updated vista with an important update(s) it finished fine. all ok. Then I put it into sleep mode, before restarting after update (may of caused problem?) it woke up black, stayed so I manually powered down after a while.

After that it wouldn't boot, was stuck at Gigabyte LOGO BIOS options boot screen, couldn't get into BIOS, Boot order, xpress recovery-nothing.

Then I got into bios by unplugging main (500gb) drive. Q-flashed BIOS to F5 via Floppy drive (NEVER @BIOS). I read that F5 fixes an S3 bug, so I though it might help. Then I realized drive 1 died somehow??? (tried it many times-plug in and out , in different slot)So, Reinstalled Vista to second drive (640Gb) channel 2 I think. (white ports) Now everthing works good after loading failsafe defaults and saving. My board also shows the FF (Boot complete message) stays on LED the whole time even after post and boot, while running OS, gaming everything, unless it has an error code to display of course. I read the FF reading is normal and shows the board has posted, booted, and is functional.
    Last edited by SolidEther; 06-27-2009 at 12:29 PM. Reason: addtion

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information