Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi LSD, Help Req PC Configuration

Default Re: Hi LSD, Help Req PC Configuration

Hey lsd did you forget about me

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

No man, I took some time off a while back, and yes I guess since you had not posted back since then this thread was way back in the pile!!

I took off to do some product reviews. So where are you at as of now? That link a post or two back does not work. If you are trying to post images please upload them to tinypic.com and post the direct url (The last one after upload is finished) here as a link, or in img tags like this >>

[img] URL of Image here [/img]

And of course, since it has been so long let me know where you are as of late and what the issue is so I know if you have made any progress or not

Hiya dude, Time off! not surprised mate from what I can see this is a full time job to you. No worries man.

K not much has changed here because at the end of the day I`m not knowledgeable enough to play around with too much. I tried running that MEMTEST software the other day, I didn't have a clue what was going on with it nor what it was actually doing so I didn't pursue it anymore. But heres what I have done since we were last talking about this here PC. I have turned the performance enhance down from extreme to turbo and wow it made allot of difference, Ignorance ya see I thought that extreme would be best as it says so in the book. Why has it improved on a lower setting dude, what does it actually do?

I got the OCZ pc2 8500 ram and when I installed it the settings defaulted to something like 5-7-7-25 or something daft like that so i changed these settings to 5-5-5-15. That helped but the other timing below the main ones are running at there defaults and left on auto. I`m pretty sure that they will be incorrect also as the main timings were. I cant find a database or anything though that tell me what they should be so I have not messed. And thats it man thats all I have done. I still think that its not quite right my 3d mark06 test are producing the same score as when it did first when I bought this PC and then it had that naff cheapo memory in it 5300. (that can't be right now it has 8500).

I know this MB "GA-P35-S3G" is a pile of crap man but its what they put in it when they put it together and until I can change it I am stuck with it for the time being. However I will replace it at sometime in the future a lot better but I cant do it for a while yet as it`s a question of priority's so what I have is what I have, but i`m certain it wouldn't be that bad if it was set up correctly.

Back to you Bus.

Russ

Hi,

Check this out for some suggested sub-timings (the numbers below 5-5-5-15).
    4GB OCZ2N1066SR2GK GA P35 DS3R Help - OCZ Forum

Also your RAM is warrantied for between 2.1v and 2.3v, so be careful and only set it to 2.1v unless you have a requirement to break the landspeed record and have a fan pointing over the RAM.

LSDMEASAP is the man when it comes to RAM and chipset details, check out some of the sticky posts in the main Gigabyte section of these boards, he explains very well.

Regards,

MATT

Hi Matt,

Many thanks for the link dude, I hadn't seen that one. I have looked all over for bits n bobs and having come across loads of stuff I still have not found anything that I can follow as its either the memory or the MB but not together. I`m not looking to OC really dude just get it running at its intended peak performance. I had this PC built for me and well lets just say they cut corners on some of the parts. I knew I should have done it myself but it was a question of time.

I`ll maybe try the timings in the link but thats for it to run at 444MHZ. Think i`m going to have to see what the great LSD has to say. He`s a ram man :-)

Cheers Matt

Russ

No, problems, I also have OCZ ram and found that forum useful.

I have an Intel Q6600 cpu with a Gigabyte P35-DQ6 mobo and OCZ 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 800MHz (OCZ2P8008GQ) ram, its all running fine at 3.55GHz.
    It runs fine at 3.6 and 3.7 but only in the winter when temps are a little lower ;)
    I need to bleed my water cooling (no resevoir in my loop), not done it for a while.

For your info, I got the 3.55GHz from 9x395mhz, and the ram is running 1:1 @ 790 (2x395MHz) at 2.1v with 5-4-4-12.
    I haven't bothered with the sub-timings because I dont read much about improvements being gained. In the past read more about stability and working around bad motherboard and RAM combinations might be eased with higher sub-timings than left at auto.

If you have adjustable multiplier, you could try your RAM at 444mhz with a lower CPU multiplier like 8x444mhz to give you 3.55GHz also :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information