Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GIGABYTE EP45-UD3R memory issue...

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GIGABYTE EP45-UD3R memory issue...

I need to see the error on the Blue screen, not those errors. If you want to see what is on the BSOD you can disable auto restart in control panel, system, advanced system settings, advanced options tab and then startup and recovery and uncheck Automatically restart in the system failure box. Then your PC will stop at the BSOD screen and you can write down the code, should look like this >>> 0x0000008e or similar

More then likely it is either a driver that is not working right with your game, or your GFX Card is overheating... Or maybe you have some timings too tight or not enough voltages. Not sure since you did not post what exact settings you are using now.

Do you think your GFX card overheats? You can check it GPU Caps Viewer and run the Fur Render test (Bottom left corner of app) and watch the temps in the main box or see if it causes a crash >>>>

GPU Caps Viewer: Graphics Card Information Utility, GPU Temperature, OpenGL Extensions and API Support | oZone3D.Net

Well im sure its not the GXF card. I have a 9800 GXT with a Accelero XTREME 9800 cooler. Idle its temps are 35 and load its 42-45. Im sure thats not overheating. I did find that the audio drivers i had installed were 2.0 and the newest are 2.13, ive installed the new drivers havent had the time to play around with them yet. I have setup my PC to not reset on BSOD, so i will come back with info once, or if it happens again. Thanxs again for your time n help.
    Last edited by uberpoo; 01-04-2009 at 12:19 AM.

Are you sure the ram or VRM's are not overheating? Adding a aftermarket cooler may cause that as some do not cover the ram properly and the VRM's

Good luck, and hope your driver update helped

No, im quite sure. I never had issues running 8 gigs on my 790i, or with the video card. I dont crash or have issue with any random pair of 4 gigs. Played Crysis Wars and GTAIV for hours with out problem. I have multiple issues if i try to use 8 gigs and use the tweaks you gave me. I did capture one of the BSODS...

0x00000019 (0x000000001 FFFFF88008F34000 0x0000000000000001 0x0000000000000000)

I hope that was the info you needed.

I am talking about Graphic card ram, not system ram. Cards have three things that can overheat and not always all of them have a sensor (GPU, VGA RAM, VRM Chips)

That error is a BAD Pool Header error, can you please run the latest memtest86+ overnight while you sleep >>>
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Heres what ive done. Ive removed my 3rd party cooler, reinstalled the stock one. Ive tested my memory with Memtest, got 5 passes no errors with 4 gigs. Got 5 passes no errors with 8 gigs. The code below is the latest code im getting while running the 8 gigs and on my desktop for about 5-10 after loading up.

0x0000007f (0x0000000000000008 0x0000000080050031 0x00000000000006f8 0xfffff80001c6ed50)

Hmm, can you please run this HiJackThis so I can see if maybe you have a virus or something funky running at startup as you said this BSOD is just on the desktop right? >>>
    |MG| HijackThis 1.99.1

Run it and do a scan and save log file only and then post the log file here

Are you using norton/Symantec or do you have Double-Take installed?

Can you also run a HDDLife scan on your drive to be sure it is healthy >>
    HDDlife® - real-time hard-drive monitoring utility with alerts, malfunction protection and data loss prevention functions. This hard-drive inspector is a proactive hard drive failure detection system that controls 100% of hard-drive risks.

Some info about this error code
    General causes of "STOP 0x0000007F" errors

Why I asked about Norton/Symantec
    You receive a "Stop 0x0000007F" error message or your computer unexpectedly restarts

What OS are you using, and do you have all the latest updates and latest drivers installed? Including Intel Chipset drivers?

Hi everyone,

I've just bought an EP45-UD3R board, and am frankly in love with it. My trusty old Gigabyte GA-8S648FX died recently, so i decided to upgrade. I've coupled my new board with an Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200, Gigabyte Radeon HD4650 1GB, and GEiL 1GB PC2-6400.

Uberpoo, i think your problem is related to 32bit Windows XP/Vista's memory limitation. Problems can be experienced when up to/more than 4GB is installed. It says so in the manual, you have the same board as me! Look at page 10, Product Specifications, and you'll notice there is a small [note 2] at the side of the Memory section. Turn over the page, to Page 12 and look at the bottom, there are the notes.

My setup is only basic at the moment, but flies with most things. Driv3r, Doom 3, and others run great, but GTA IV i get the dreaded missing textures bug, even after the long awaited patch, but that's off topic.

Try lowering your RAM to 3GB, if possible, see if that helps. I used to run my P4 3.06GHz with 3GB DDR400 without problems. AFAIK, the 64bit versions of XP/Vista don't have these limitations, so you might want to try these, if financially viable, or you could get them from *cough cough* illicit sources!

I didn't read most of the thread, so excuse me if i've missed things out.
    Last edited by KitamuraComputers; 01-17-2009 at 05:16 AM. Reason: spelling error

And i did miss something....update your BIOS to the latest, mine came with F3, nd the latest is F5. Every little helps!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information