Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: questions

Default questions

anyone out there with a ga-ma78g-ds3h mobo and a amd phenom 9950BE? well i updated to the f5h bios... my mistake. bsod after reboot. reboot again desktop is there. jump in a game of TF2. play 25 mins. BSOD. reboot again, rolls back to f2 bios, and i reload f4... good to go. so then i looked into my ram not having the correct voltage.. default 1.8v.

so i guess i have a few q's.. can anyone help me with getting my voltage up and to 1066 on my ram and is anyone else having issues with the f5h bios?

here is my setup.
    ram G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel

proc AMD Phenom 9950 BLACK EDITION Agena 2.6GHz Socket AM2+ 140W Quad-Core Processor Model HD995ZFAGHBOX

vid EVGA 512-P3-N975-AR GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16

board GIGABYTE GA-MA78G-DS3H AM2+/AM2

power Thermaltake Purepower W0100RU 500W ATX 12V 2.0 Power Supply

thanx

Default Re: questions

What frequency are you running the ram at?
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

currently it is running at 800 i would like 1066.. everything on the board is default.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well F5h is a beta BIOS you may want to use F5 final >>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-MA78G-DS3H (rev. 1.0)

DO NOT USE @BIOS to flash, here is a Qflash Guide >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Be sure you load optimized defaults after you flash, then set your ram voltage and save/apply/reboot BACK to the BIOS as you will then have to change all your settings back to what you had or want to use. Dont forget you Must set your Disk/SATA settings again as well.

You will need to change your ram to the stock voltage you see on the ram sticker, and possibly set trfc to 195Ns or 327Ns. And then change your ram multiplier so that your ram runs at 1066. Sorry I do not have any knowledge of AMD based boards so I cannot say the exact terminology of this setting but you should find it in the MIT Section of your BIOS. If you cannot find it please post me a image of that page and I will tell you which it is

thanx for the help on the bios.. got it up and running.. now i need help with the ram. i posted on the AMD forums and they are telling me that it rolls back to 800mhz cause my processor is supposedly not supported by my board being it my processor is 4000fsb and not 2600fsb. so i guess i dunno wtf that is supposed to mean. i havent made any adj to the bios cause i want no more BSOD's

Yes, well they are crazy.... Point them here and show them your CPU and 1066 ram is for sure supported >>>

1066 Ram support in bold red
    GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-MA78G-DS3H (rev. 2.x)

CPU Support list
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...ProductID=2931

I am not sure of the terminology in AMD, but all you need to do is change your Memory speed/Freq to 533/1066

do i have to change anything in the voltage? i can change it to x5.33 (1066) but it doesnt stay set in auto voltage. also i read that having both chips in yellow slot is important.. which mine are. i also read that u have to set the voltage to 2.0.. i dont wanna break anything so i am skeptical on doing it without any second opinion.
    Last edited by clipt; 01-03-2009 at 04:50 PM.

Yeah, to run 1066 you would have to manually set your voltage to your ram's spec for that speed, normally 2.0-2.1V. Auto is never good for voltages unless you are running everything at stock, and even then I would personally set things

Yes if you only have two sticks then keep them in Dual channel and use the slots closest to your CPU

If you are unsure of your ram's voltage, look on the sticker of link me to where you bought it and I will let you know

ok moved the ram freq to x5.33(1066) and voltage to +0.2 (2.00) and ran cpuz.. didnt move much and looks like it made ram slower. how do i change dc mode or dct mode?? cant find in bios..
    Attached Images Attached Images questions-oooh-shiny-jpg 
    Last edited by clipt; 01-04-2009 at 06:23 AM.

Your ram is running 1066 at 577-20 timings

Those settings should be in your MIT Section or Memory Freq Pages. if you are not finding them try the hotkey. ON the MAIN Page hit control + F1 the screen will flash then all hidden settings will be shown in all sections. You could also try moving the sticks to the other channel

I see in your Manual it is shown for sure, so if your CPU Supports it then you should see it. You have loaded optimized defaults and save/apply/rebooted with that CPU in there before already right? If not you may need to do that now >>>

Thread Information