Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3R - best SATA ports to use?

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3R - best SATA ports to use?

Also if you dont use the purple slots or IDE/floppy you can disable those in bios
    New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Thanks for the reply. I'll be changing over today, hopefully with no issues. When I disable the GSATA ports will that decrease power on the mobo at all or just disable detection in windows? :D

It will let your system start a little faster and free up some memory.

You won't really notice anything unless you're running with minimal RAM — possibly not even then.

Quote Originally Posted by Idle View Post
    It will let your system start a little faster and free up some memory.

You won't really notice anything unless you're running with minimal RAM possibly not even then.
    Nope I'm running with 4gigs. But I'm definitely interested to see if it quickens boot time. When I switched HD's and cloned the system I now have a 5-7 second disk thrashing right before the windows logo comes up when loading. I had thought it was a cloning issue where the info isn't exactly where it thought it is (even though the clone should be identical), but now I'm wondering if it's the GSATA port. If that fixes the issue it will be great, as it slows down my boot but more importantly thrashes the disk for no apparent reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information